or Connect

Posts by timescaper

FYI - Insight is launching new HD channels in about a month. Total line-up will have: ABC-HD CBS-HD FOX-HD NBC-HD PBS-HD TNT-HD UNIVERSAL-HD ESPN-HD DISCOVERY HD THEATRE HD NET HD NET MOVIES MHD (HYBRID OF MTV/VH1/CMT IN HD) HBO-HD CINEMAX-HD SHOWTIME-HD STARZ!-HD
Yes - it is the Motorola DCT 6412
Just an FYI for everybody. Insight will be launching ABC-HD tomorrow on Digital Cable Channel #770. Now, they have all of them except NBC - Shouldn't be too much longer!
i've tried 3 different boxes ... same story on all of them. but i still have my dct 6208 and it works just fine.
Is anyone else having this problem with the 6412 - Dolby Digital comes through fine when watching a live broadcast, but if watching through the buffer or from a dvr recording the audio format is PCM, and not 5.1 surround. The DCT 6208 that I had - never had this problem. Is anyone else is having this issue - or do I have a bad unit?
I'm nearly 100% sure that Insight already has a signed agreement with WLEX to carry the DT channel.
well I love my XS in case anyone cares -- been very pleased with it.
I have a dvd player connected with HDMI which will send audio through the tv speakers - but it will not pass through the TVs optical output -- is there any way to make this happen? Or Do i have to connect both a HDMI and an optical out of my dvd player?
My DVD player is connected through HDMI, and the TV optical out is connected to my receiver, however the set will not pass along the dvd audio. I have to have both a HDMI out and Optical out (to receiver) to get digital sound for dvds. The TV will output sound through the speakers, and it will pass along audio for digital broadcasts, but not for DVDs -- is this how it's supposed to be?
I have the Sony XS 55 TV and the I just got a NS975 DVD player -- I guess I'm confused if I need to change a setting - but I thought that on DVDs that are anamorphic widescreen for 16:9 that there wouldn't be any black bars on the normal screen setting. So I thought everything would fill in without having to zoom, just like an hd channel. Is this not correct, do I need to change a setting? Thanks--