or Connect

Posts by Naylia

No I do not...both DVI and VGA fill the screen when using 1280x720 with my 9800 Pro.1280x720 @ 60 Hz should be an option over VGA and DVI both. It's possible you may need to update your video card drivers or check the 'Monitor' tab and uncheck the 'Hide modes this monitor can't display' and try the resolution.BeyondTV, SageTV and Windows MCE are all significantly better products than the ATI software. Also consider purchasing the Nvidia Purevideo decoders, they put out a...
that's solid...do you have timing information? have you tried a pixel perfect pattern to make sure it's properly in phase?
Boulder - are you using 1366x768 via VGA or DVI/HDMI? I prefer not looking at the desktop either...I use this (see attached). You'll find I also frequent the XLobby forums, the SageTV forums, and the HTPCnews forums. I love that when I google Naylia, I'm the first thing found
Check out the Toshiba Quosimo (Spelling???)...you can get one with an HD DVD drive w/ HDMI out that will play movies. Believe it also has a tuner card. $3k http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...on=learn_about
I'm am admittedly in an upscale community, but am in a multi-family home and FIOS internet is available to me. Town's cable commission is still negotiating the tv franchise, but I expect that to also be an option multi-family home or no. I've also seen FIOS advertised as available in some apartment complexes in the Boston area.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLongshot Cards for AGP are not as plentiful and cost more, since most cards are designed for PCI-E nowadays. Course, I'm upgrading my Radeon 9800 to a x800 (from what I've read, about equivilent to the 6600) for about $130 after rebate from Newegg. It is really a stopgap before I upgrade, because the fanless 9800 isn't holding up too well in the room that it is in. Jason Why not just get an Artic Cooling...
No you do not. The easiest thing to do is connect either a VGA cable or a DVI->HDMI cable and set your computer resolution to 1280x720. I still have pixel perfect - 1366x768 - as a todo on my list when I have some free time and a new video card
Quote: Originally Posted by CallMeJean Nintendo has said that Zelda on the Wii will be truly widescreen and that you will indeed be able to see more information on the sides of the screens then if you played the GC version. Well, that can be accomplished with a FOV change and then doing what Mr. Wonderful stated. I want them to ouptut a 480p 16x9 signal from the Wii, this way there is actually more information in the signal, compared to a 480p...
Quote: Originally Posted by CallMeJean Nintendo has said that Zelda on the Wii will be truly widescreen and that you will indeed be able to see more information on the sides of the screens then if you played the GC version. :) I was actually contemplating Mr. Wonderful's question as I wrote my thread...that is good news!
I hate the phrase "true HD"...what does that really mean? the ATSC standard states that any signal with more than 720 lines of resolution is HD there is an ITU Radiocommunication Sector paper that classifies HD as 1080 active lines of resolution...this would be 1080p only then there is the philosophy that HD is variable resolution that is the resolution at a certain screen size / distance when the human eye can no longer detect an increase in resolution (ie... can you tell...