or Connect

Posts by babgvant

There is a wide gulf b/w discussing issues and being insulting. No one should be trying to discourage the first, but being rude is unwarranted and unproductive.Some companies don't want to hear any criticism, so they ignore it. I don't think that is the case with Ceton -- employees used to be active in this thread, even when receiving critical feedback.You can't shout down a mob. Once a gathering turns, it's stupid to hang around.We get to decide how we behave and what the...
Is that what you think you're doing?Being rude here only encourages the target of the rudeness to avoid here.
I guess that depends on how you define productive.I already have one, don't really need two...
Tantrums aren't productive. Everyone knows that the Echo hasn't performed to expectation, if you're this unhappy with it why don't you just return it? Or sell it on E-bay if you can't do that?
1) Did you open a ticket?2) Priorities might be at play here as well. I suspect that many people use extenders primarily for video playback, so (given the multitude of issues there) it probably trumps issues with audio.
Our universe is defined (bound) by mathematical formulas, in the physical realm we use Physics to document these formulas. As I'm sure you know, every so often a discovery is made with invalidates an assumption that was made to assist in this process. That doesn't make Physics not science, not valid, or not real, it just makes it clear that it is still a work-in-progress. This is a natural artifact of being given the answer and asked to work backwards to document the...
You are free to disagree with the observations documented by the "dismal science", but that has little merit given the body of evidence to the contrary.Experience shapes people differently I guess. My degree is in Economics & Political Science, and frankly I have found the tools these "social" sciences provided invaluable when modeling complex problems both in general and in my professional activities. Dismissing social science as "not a true science" is a common...
Assertion is a good word of the day. Seen a lot of it recently.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of merit, but words have generally agreed upon meanings.
Ideally, I can agree with that. Although whether or not we like something has no impact on whether it will occur on aggregate.If by opposite, you mean a subsidy. Yes we do subsidize the production of many goods (weapons and agriculture are pretty near the top).There are also tax incentives to shifting profits overseas, but on aggregate the cost savings is a bigger motivator.You can hold whatever opinion you want, but once you state it in public it's important to have...