or Connect

Posts by BroncoSport

Yep, I view previous calibrations..... view report and hit Generate Report. The "report" doesn't have any data on any of the graphs except for the bottom bar graph for colors. Weird. I have 3 previous calibrations to choose from and I don't get a valid report off of any of them.
Well after several weeks of trying to get my HP Pavillion laptop to work with Calman, $900 later for a new Asus Laptop and 2-3 hours in the theater learning how to interface the DVDO DUO and Calman 5 .... I finally did a calibration (or three) last night. Came into some questions, to see if I did things right. I started up the Advanced Tutorial. I first set the brightness, contrast and tint using the available test checkerboard and color bars that showed up on the screen...
I have the full set of M&K s-150 (and 4 of the ss-150s for surround) in my theater and love them. I was running them for a while only using my Pioneer Elite AVR, but not I am feeding all but the rear 2 with a 5 channel Emotiva amp. That really woke the speakers up. I wouldn't trade mine, exspecially since mine are original M&K's, but finding the SS-150s you need might cost you more than you think. Last pair of them I saw was $800. The mains are going to be your...
Derek, FYI last night I did a full system restore on my laptop and returned it to factory new settings. I then did ALL the Windows updates and verified I had the latest NET 4.5 (which I did), d'ld CalMAN 5 and it's still a no go. Same error message. I sent the error log via your error interface to SpecrtaCal and put those notes on it. Email on it is cabletech@______ Not sure what to do next (other than spend most of this evening restoring all my lost apps and files...
Dont over think the electrical aspect of the theater. It's not that hard. It's all about amp draw -vs- wiring gauge -vs- breaker rating. I don't have, nor will I ever have, that many power amps, but I have 2 dedicated 20amp circuits running to my equipment rack (one isn't being used at all right now), a separate 15amp circuit for the lights and a separate 15amp for the subwoofer locations (currently one installed and I am concidering re-wiring it back to the AV rack to...
Easy enough. Isolate your side walls with the DC-04s and run clips and track on the ceiling right up to the point where the sofits would be. Frame out the sofits with ripped 2x4s and attach to the hat track on the ceiling and the isolated side walls. Deck away!.. The sofits wont have direct contact with the current framing of the house and you'll be good. Seriously consider the first layer as OSB. The mass is not that much lighter than drywall and the ability to screw...
Derek, that is as far as I ever get the program. At that point I close the popup and the debug screen submission screen comes up and I have sent it to you (SpectraCal) twice. Didin't fingure you needed it sent every time I have seen it (think 40 times, after trying everything I can think of). I attempted to d/l and install the latest NET framework and got a message from Windows that my version is up to date. I also, through Melissa's email comments, have tried to...
Yes Derek I have been emailing back and forth with Melissa trying to figure it out. I thought I would reach out to the AVS group to see if anyone chimes in with an answer. I don't have my light meter yet, because you just shipped it, but wanted to explore the program early to see the features. Pretty frustrating, for me, so far. I HATE WINDOWS 8.
I recently bought Calman 5 Control and downloaded it per their link onto my Windows 8.1 laptop and although it installs fine, it will NOT load. I have uninstalled several times, rolled my laptop back a month (just in case) and still get the same thing. I know folks have this running on Win 8.1, so I don't know what it going on. Right now I have spent $500 on a unusable program. I am considering transferring the important stuff off this laptop and wiping it back to...
First off, the HVAC contractor should be hit in the head with a hammer. I have never seen a stranger routing of HVAC ducts. If it were me I would frame out the sofits and attach clips and track to the frame work, just like the walls/ceiling and cover with OSB (first layer) -GG- Drywall (second layer). Remember that sofits make great chases for fresh air exchanges, wiring and such.