or Connect

Posts by Gaugster

Multiple subs is a very good idea. Here's a famous study that looks at multiple subwoofer applications and some optimization ideas. Granted every room will be somewhat different. http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Innovation/Documents/White%20Papers/multsubs.pdf
Read through this today. Also the low frequency article. Seems that ERB will make some part, perhaps the majority of a single reflection / combing event inaudible to the masses. However multiple reflections with more or less delay can help the remaining audible comb be less of a problem.Mr. Grimani's video with Scott had some good advice as well. Diving deep in the physics and theory is great and I enjoy it tremendously but time consuming. Gaining some short cuts and...
I appreciate the offer for in person demo but it looks like I will have to do my own experiments while simultaneously removing any and all bias one way or the other. Wish me luck!Here's the room(s) in question. 40'x17.5'x9'. That's about 6300 Ft^3 of space considering the living room plus kitchen region. Width and height are near multiples so it will be interesting to see how modes behave. Notice the mode-stir masquerading as a ceiling fan. Probably a small number of right...
I guess chapter 8 page 123 is a data set for review. Figure 8.5 shows time delay and relative dB reductions for first reflections. The preference by audio experts and professional mixing Engineers is not disputed by Mr. Toole. It more of a matter that control room requirements to critique and mix sound are not what the average consumer in a home environment enjoys or finds pleasurable. First paragraph on Page 259 states this directly.As I said, I am on my second reading of...
I believe these details are provided as part of his explanation. Guess you'll just have to review for yourself.
I remember recalling your products when reading Mr Toole's conclusions and wondering how things came to be the way they are.For right now I am pretty much believing everything stated in the book as fact based in my own personal experience.
Your neighbors are in for a real treat......
In a nutshell - side wall reflections that originate from the left and right mains are very beneficial to the overall listening experience. Increasing the width of the sound stage and also adding to voice clarity. Directing all this information to a single center channel both reduces the amount of reflections as well as preventing any generation of interaural time difference for an otherwise monophonic sound event. Using a hard center prevents the 2kHz frequency response...
Sorry to bring up an old thread but read this book once already and about half way through reading it again. Great data and observation of the sometimes goofy AV industry. I am a huge fan of bipolar mains and now know the science behind why I hate dedicated center channels. This is true even though Mr. Toole recomnends it.
Did firmware update using Wi-Fi and no issues afaik. Just have HDMI for video and using analogs to an AVR. Main tasks are Pandora, Blu-Ray, DVD-Video/Audio and the occasional SACD.....