or Connect

Posts by Verinnal

Thank you for your responses and for the advice regarding the room orientation and acoustic treatments. Admittedly, the current positioning is far less than ideal. I have intentions of modifying the orientation in the long term, following a partial dormer. In the interim, I'm forced to make do with the current orientation based on the size of our furniture, and the frequency of which I entertain guests in that space to during certain sports events. Thanks again.
Hello folks, I have a question for those with experience in acoustics and room elements. I'm revisiting a small media room configuration in a finished attic. Aside from an overhaul of some of the components in the room, I'm looking to add a wall to hang a plasma display, but am concerned about how the room acoustics will be effected. The wall will also afford me the ability to place a center channel below the TV, rather than where it is now (similar positioning, but 3...
Finally found what I was looking for. I knew this set could deliver if I was willing to put in the effort to get the best I could from it. This is probably the fifth time I've revisited the settings but these look like they'll be a keeper. I use these both for SA8300 video HDMI and my Windows MCE Computer via HDMI Picture Mode Pro Iris 2 Picture 58 Brightness 35 Color 40 Hue G1 Color Temp Warm R-GAIN -14 G-GAIN ...
I have Signature 7NTs as my surround speakers. I'm happy with them.
For the people that have had their sets ISFed: Are the settings you posted the only things that were adjusted during your ISF session or were many additional adjustments made within the service menu that go hand in hand with the white balance, color, hue, etc settings you're posting?
*Edit* Nevermind - found the service manual I've only entered the service menu once and that was to adjust the position of the image on the screen. I'd be more tempted to make adjustments in the service menu if I had something that went into great detail about what could be accomplished by visiting the service menu. Is there a published service manual anywhere? I'd love to take a look at this and see what options for tweaking I have. Normally I'm very explorative and...
Marantz DV6500
Anyone planning on connecting their SXRD to a MythTV PVR? If so: How do you plan on making the connection (dvi/hdmi, vga, component)? What kind of resolutions will we need to use to make the gui fill the entire screen and look good? Has this already been done by anyone here? I keep on reading posts where people claim that lack of a 1080p input isn't really a downside but are any of these people planning on hook up their pc to an HTPC. A few people have...
FYI for those interested: Pre-ordered from P.C. Richards in Carle Place. They matched Shop Sunshine and gave me an ETA of somewhere around 10/6. Warranty was $500 for 5 years. Delivery was $50. Anyone know if P.C. Richards includes bulb replacement? I forgot to ask. Guess I'll have to read through the warranty info.
Not sure if anyone is still having this problem but my solution was the following: Turn the cradle upside down Pull off the rubber feet covering the screw holes Unscrew the bottom of the cradle Look down the side of the bottom of the cradle and you'll notice that there is a lip on the case that holds it together. I used a screwdriver to carefully pry this open. When I opened the case I noticed how poorly supported the contacts were and I stripped a piece of...