or Connect

Posts by HTMVinnie

Yep, same thing. I had the flickering green light and crackling sound around 3 years ago a few months before the 3-year warranty was about to expire and had it fixed a local Infinity-authorized repair shop. Today, I noticed no light and no sound and took out the amplifier module which is enclosed in a plastic container and the main circuit board was completely burnt through right under some copper coils mounted on it and a large part of the circuit board blackened...
Could someone explain how this test would work?I thought Cinivia protection stops playback only when other AACS protection is defeated and older, non-Cinivia supported players will play backed up discs with Cinivia but without other AACS protection. Likewise, a retail disc with AACS + Cinivia will play fine on players with Cinivia as well as those without support (e.g. for backwards-compatibility purposes Cinivia data simply won't be recognized on these older...
I just have to say that these settings are really good. When I first got my LC60-LE831U and LC40-LE830U sets, I spent a many hours calibrating them with the DVE Blu-ray to get similar results. The only adjustment I made to these settings is to bump up brightness to -2 as The Wiz's setting crush black levels a wee bit in my viewing environment. For me, a really good test of color accuracy is the green color on the depth gauge in the Das Boot Director's Cut Blu-ray at...
Do you have the Kenwood's HDMI out connected to the TV? My first thought is the Kenwood's looking for video parameters in order to accept the signal. If not, perhaps try connecting the Kenwood's HDMI out to an unused HDMI input port on the TV.
Yep - channels 9 and 20 are on the fritz for me, too.UPDATE - found this.
Agree, this is a great player.
Regarding clouding:I have the LC-40LE830U in my bedroom and the BestBuy LC-60LE831U in my living room. The 40-inch has no clouding (on an all-black screen receiving a signal) and the 60-inch has visible clouding (on an all-black screen receiving a signal). The 60 inch is just fine when watching TV or a movie. I can find clouding in the black bar of a 2.xx:1 ratio movie in a dark scene - if I really look for it. In reading about LED LCD side-light display technology,...
FYI there is a new firmware available for this receiver, v1.1.7. The instructions say it addresses issues with the Rhapsody service.
I recommend purchasing consumer electronics like TVs in the country you intend on using them.If you want to take your chances and buy a TV in the US and have it shipped overseas, make sure it has a 110 - 240V / 50 - 60Hz auto-switching power supply. You will also need it to accept 50Hz (i.e. 1080p/50) input signals because this signaling is the standard in the UK. I do not know of any TV's in the US that accept 50Hz sources. Unless you have Blu-ray's you plan on taking...
Thanks for posting. I updated yesterday and no noticeable improvements for my current use. As Yamaha mentions HDMI improvements, I may try reconnecting an older Mac mini in use as a media center to the receiver. It is DVI and when sending a 1080i signal to my 2005 TV through the Z7 there were occasional flicker issues and the on-screen overlay never worked properly. I'm interested to see if this works properly now.