or Connect

Posts by Bamadawg_63

I will just wear out my 60" Kuro and VT55 while I await the 4K evolution. I should be good for another 4-5 years.
Have owned some entry-level Wharf's before... very nice performers. Jus keep reading reviews of the diff brands of receivers that offer the features you need... something will stand out and peak your interest. I live in a rural community and do not have the pleasure of easily listening to units in person. I rely very much on reviews I read here and a few other sites to make most of my audio purchasing decisions. Not the best way to do it... but when you hear accolades from...
Read some of the reviews on here for each amp. If you are using the receiver for alot of 2-channel or multi-channel Hi-Def music listening vs movies... I am sure there are some receivers that have better "highly regarded" op-amps that perform better for music. Some receivers have better isolation of the audio/video boards. IMHO... the bigger question would be how good of speakers are you going to use. Will they be 6-ohm/8-ohm? Are they efficient enough and designed well...
I guess it all comes down to what you need the receiver to do. How many Ins/Outs? Are you performing any Zoning with the receiver? Do you need 12v trigger to run external amps? Do you prefer discrete mini-toaster amps or the cooler running D3 digital amps?
There is a cure for your speaker placement also... which is totally reverse as far as psychoacoustics is concerned. It is called a set of headphones or a volume control. I just can't imagine trying to listen to dialogue coming from behind me... it is like turning your desk around in class and trying to pay attention to the teacher - not normal for the mind/ears to comprehend.
You are thinking about it in the wrong way. Just because all you have is a 2.1 system does not mean you will find a 2.1 A/V receiver. They do not exist as far as I know. You can get tons of used 5.1 receivers that have ARC on Ebay or shopgoodwill.com. Should be able to get one for $100 or less. Just hook-up your 2.1 speakers to it and forget about the other speaker connections. You are not wasting $$ cause you will only power those outputs that are connected, so it behaves...
Some also do new roll-outs at CEDIA in September. Gives manufactures another chance to launch something right before the Holiday Season.
I heard the same said about the SC-1222 vs SC-61 Elite (I believe was the older unit?). Some said they were the exact same unit except for front panel lighting scheme and a few other minute things. Like their Elite displays,,, the devil is probably in the details. You would have to pop open both covers and get out the mag-glass and check chip vs chip and capacitor vs capacitor. My experience with Pioneer is that the Elites have higher-spec'd processors than non-Elites...
I vote for Pioneer for A/V receiver... esp the new Class D3 Digital amps... Lotsa technology packed into a receiver and they don't skimp on their lower-numbered receivers in a lineup. I do not currently have a stereo music-listening system setup... my preference would always be a dedicated music system not tied into my HT setup. I used Onkyo for years also... never failed me, but I keep reading they are hot/miss these days as far as QC is concerned. There will always...
My vote... The Pioneer SC-1223. I have the SC-1222 - love it! http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/SC-1223-K Nate