or Connect

Posts by SimpleTheater

I'm done as well. Lets get back to Paradigm.
I contacted Yamaha. They said "Do not use this AVR with a 4 Ω load.Not sure what more "proof" you want.In the FAQ's for the 501 (they don't have any FAQ's for their 300 series), it says:Why does my unit shut off at 1/4 volume or less ?Other problems which might cause premature shut off can include using speakers with impedance of less than 4 ohms, speaker selector boxes with multiple pairs of speakers connected to one terminal, an internal problem with the receiver, or a...
1. I never asked you for real world experience.2. If the manufacturer doesn't rec'd use below 6Ω, why would I listen to some guy on the Internet. Remember, Yamaha WANTS to sell as many units as they can, and if they could say "Use our amps with any load from 2Ω - 8Ω", they would be increasing sales - and thus make more profit. The fact that they do not say this speaks worlds about how their low end AVRs should be used.You specifically stated the following:I showed that...
You should read what you linked to. They only specify 4 ohm wattage outputs, but they do not rec'd anyone use it with a 4Ω load or a 2Ω load.From page 10 of your link: This unit is configured for 8Ω speakers when it is dispatched from the factory,When connecting to 6Ω speakers, carry out the following procedure to switch to 6Ω.Therefore they DO NOT rec'd this unit be used with a 4 ohm load (much less a 2 ohm load), so NO, Yamaha is NOT lying.
No one says you do own Emotiva's, we simply are asking you to talk to people who are more capable of talking amplifier tech with you, which you seem extremely unwilling to do. Reminds me of the freshman college kid who sits around trying to impress the high schooler's but runs away as soon as the college senior walks into the room.Like I said earlier, I was on your side, but your condescending attitude, unwillingness to simply stop posting and recent statements that any...
if anyone actually believes this I suggest you contact ANY of the major AVR manufacturers, tell them you are going to hook up a 4ohm speaker and ask if their AVR can handle the load. I did this years ago when I was about to buy some Totem Dreamcatchers and Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha all responded back that none of their sub $1,000 AVR's were recommended for that load. This statement from Arnyk is complete hogwash.
Note to anyone not named deltatube or Arnyk: Ask yourself if either of these two people are willing to cover your warranty? Then ask yourself who IS backing up their products with their hard earned dollars. So if you are not an electrical engineer and can't figure out if a over powered amp or an under powered amp will damage your speakers, it's a good bet that the people who DO NOT want to see their product returned and get branded as a company that makes junk should be...
Seriously? If you haven't gotten your point across yet, it's time to walk away. We know one side of the argument is "da power", but I'll give him this much, his argument is succinct and to the point. The more you write the more I get the feeling you're covering up false models and assumptions with more techno babble, and the more I wonder why you don't argue your point over at the Emotiva forum where some amplifier designer can explain to you why you are either right or...
The issue with deltatube and Arnyk is they're not debating, they're just talking past each other. Know one is learning anything new since their first posts. So ONE of you, be the better man and give us our thread back. Thanks.
Just for the sake of getting rid of these boxes, I'm willing to drop the price on the CC690 v5 to $1,030 cash/check $1,065 Credit. Someone did tell me that Amazon payments is free, so that would be the cash price. My prices are firm, so please don't PM asking me to take less, at the current price everything is a bargain. Thanks.