or Connect

Posts by blackcap93

The Bill Cunningham Show is a CW network show and part of the CW Daytime block, hence its move to WCCB.
Channel 28 is the new WGTB-CD, which replaced the analog WGTB-LP on the same channel. WGTB-CD's transmitters are located on Hood Road in eastern Mecklenburg County and on the Fox TV tower in Gaston County. http://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WGTB-CD
Here's the link to the Echostar decision: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-318451A1.pdf Basically, the court ruled the FCC acted beyond its authority when it worked out the proposed regulations (FCC Rules Part 629) with only the cable companies, but applying those rules to satellite providers as well. The proposed rules also potentially left the door open for the FCC to enact additional regulations which could have benefited cable at satellite's...
A decision reached by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in January (Echostar v. FCC) has invalidated some of the Commission's rules regarding encryption and STB's, including the requirement for cable systems to continue supporting and deploying CableCARDs. However, as part of the waiver conditions, Charter will continue deploying CableCARDs until downloadable-security boxes are available in stores, and will support deployed CableCARDs until the last one is...
The FCC has granted Charter a two-year waiver of the Commission's ban on deployment of new cable set-top boxes (STBs) with integrated security, effective through April 18, 2015. Charter requested the waiver to have additional time to come into compliance with the integration ban and to work with manufacturers to develop a retail STB that will work on Charter systems. The waiver requires that Charter: 1) File a sworn statement certifying that it is negotiating in good...
Cable for me... Satellite has technical issues, streaming isn't a feasible option as the shows I watch are either prohibitively expensive to watch online or not available at all online, and some OTA channels on my cable system are those whose OTA signals are too weak to reach my area.
I don't know if this might affect the transaction, but there is currently an investigation by the FCC regarding irregularities in the 2007 renewal of WWOR's license, and a group called "Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington" is seeking to force Fox to sell its stations through petitions to the FCC to deny renewals and/or revoke the licenses of the stations, on grounds that the numerous violations of British law committed by News Corp.'s UK subsidiaries (News...
Charter Eliminates Social-Media Customer Care Group http://www.avsforum.com/t/903396/charter-hdtv/3100_100#post_22665741
This is to fulfill the FCC's E/I programming requirements, which require at least 3 hours per week of children's programming of an educational and/or informative nature on each of a TV station's subchannels.
It does look like WFMY and WXII are gone from the system... perhaps Wilkesboro's getting those channels from another source now.