or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

^^^ how long will the run be from the closet to the displays?
^^^ nope, that ain't a mistake... all of the kerfluffle about possible sound differences aside (my opinion is already well known on that, and i will not beat the dead horse)... there is one thing we KNOW for certain, and that is that 120" projection acreen will make a 73" display look positively tiny...
no, amps don't "always do their maximum"...
^^^ note i didn't say i don't have a ups... i do, but it is for a more important reason than "protecting my equipment by allowing it to gracefully shut down"... it's so that if i'm dvr'ing a car race and we lose power, the dvr keeps recording... one MUST have ones priorities in order...
yea, it wasn't too bad though...however, for my purposes, that was actually a bonus... i cut it to length and bundled it before i pulled/routed it, and the stiffness made it easier to get a nice tidy bundle... it would have been a pita to do it single runs at a time, for sure....
^^^ no ups necessary... like all the other electronics younown, it will be fine...
^^^ that'll work... quick side note... my local home depot is clearing out spools of 14/2 cl3 for half price (i bought a 500' spool for 79 bucks).... might want to check that out, as you can make 11/2 very easily out of it, and it likely would save you some coin... a few hours of mindless work while watching tv got me 250' of 11/2 rather cheap.... worht a thought, anyway...
@jess... no, i can guarantee you that nothing is wrong with my system... possibly i do not have a healthy enough imagination... fwiw, you would get far "better" sound if you hooked up the oppo to the avr using hdmi and took advantage of the dsp in the avr... < waits patiently for the next response, which will be along the lines of "oh, but the dacs..." >
guys, he's not asking about a sub cable, he's asking about wire from the amplifier to his passive sub... op, i'd use 12 gauge for a 40' run...
@david... your best bet right now would be to see if you can find one of the remaining 4311's on closeout...