or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

^^^ yup... in solid state electronics, it is the only thing it ever did*... sadly, it doesn't do what would be optimal, which would be to make the power supply more robust... basically, the only reason the switch is there is to make it a bit more difficult for the user to put the unit into protection... as you found out, it can only "hurt", and never "help"... which is why the "standard issue recommendation" is to always leave it at 8 ohms... unsatisfactory...
the onkyo, as long as it remains functional*, will "sound" significantly better than the sc-07... * given onkyo's track record recently, i wouldn't place a wager on this... however, i'd still buy it over the sc-07... assuming newegg is an authorized seller... i would not buy any electronics from any unauthorized seller, especially a piece of electronics from a cem with a recent history of quality control issues....
^^^ i would also take a speaker over to the amp, connect it with a piece of "known good" speaker wire, and try it that way... just to ensure that it isn't a short in the existing wire... not saying it IS a short, it could just as easily be an issue with the amp... but many "protection" issues have been traced in the past (not specific to emo, but in general) to speaker wire that the poster was SURE wasn't shorting...
ummm... no.... not in a million years...ANY bdp (that is not broken) connected to ANY electronics (that are not overdriven or complete garbage) will sound "better" with "better, properly integrated speakers"... it has nothing to so with the "greatness" of the electronics... it has everything to so with the speakers and how they interface with your room...to illustrate the point... i know it is hard for some to believe, but retrieving data from a shiny disk (and...
^^^ amps don't "image"... the combination of recording, speakers, room and how well the user has integrated the speakers into their room determines "imaging"... they "amplify"... nothing more, nothing less...
nothing will do what you want... for a number of reasons... for video, it would be against the rules... for audio, it would add a significant cost to the unit for a feature that very few would actually use...answers:1) nope. won't do it.2) nope. won't do it.3) nope. won't make any difference.to do what you want (since other than steve, it doesn't seem like many owners care to provide technical support, or they can't), there is a simple solution...get yourself a...
it should be ok horsepower wise, i stream from the net to my ipad and shoot it to the atv...that being said, you are correct, there's no reason to have the ipad involved at all, other than to use it as a remote control for the atv...
if you are going to go the "pro" route, you might as well buy the kit, unless you plan on never moving/changing your speakers, moving changing your furniture, etc... it only hurts once... it is $550 (plus $150 license fee for each unit you use it on), and nope, it NEVER goes on sale...yes, you can use the pro kit to modify the target curve which would result in "differences in sound"... many do, and successfully tune their system to match their...
drop me a pm with your email addy... i have the one for the 4520 and it will be the same...fwiw, if you a have an existing setup utiltizing rs-233 with a "relatively recent" d&m product, the protocol and the commands are the same, the only thing that is diffferent is any new commands that have been added to take advantage of new features...
^^^ bs'ing??? on the internet??? say it ain't so, joe... a hdmi cable can "do" one of 3 things... no more, no less... - deliver everything... in which case, it can't be "improved"... - be on the verge of delivering everything... this is not subtle, and is generally shown by "sparklies"... - deliver nothing... i.e. a signal that is degraded to the point that it is unusable... this always results in "no image on the screen"... always... not a degraded...