or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

- likely an edid issue from the sink... what display?- you are sending "stereo" from the cable box... either you haven't changed the setting in the cable box that allows mch audio (vs, downmixing to stereo), or the shows you are warching are being broadcast in strereo...just as a fwiw... the "problems" (and this isn't just hdmi related, nor directed specifically at you) that people experience when they buy a new avr is almost never the fault of the avr... "problem...
^^^ - what is the originating source? - from what device are you streaming to the atv? the issue lies with one of those... for example, it can't be the avr, it would have no way of knowing that the video was sent to the atv via airplay... it's virtually certain it is not the atv, as it is source agnostic when receiving a stream...
the current "supermarket equipment" available from d&m (as well as a few others) produces better "sound quality" than the susano... for one example, i would not trade my current piece of "supermarket equipment" for my old susano... for another, a very hard core susano owner is now using his as an amp being fed from a "current" pio avr in order to take advantage of "modern" dsp architecture... the susano was a killer product for its day, and still has the lcd, which...
actually keith, in the 4311, they do just sit there doing nothing, even in "pre-amp" mode... they aren't turned "off", they are idling along...as you note, it makes no difference, unless someone is looking for boogeymen under the bed...
not possible... again, if you had a grasp of even the most basic fundamentals of the technology involved, you'd realize how silly you sound...you can "believe" what you like... just don't expect your "beliefs" to gain any traction around these parts...
^^^ yup...
true dat... on my old sc-05, that was the case with an old cable box...shoulda posted that... thanks for keeping me honest...
unless the mix is different, no "difference"...i'm a relatively avid sacd buyer... mix and/or mch is really the only "difference" vs. redbook...
^^^ or a submersive hp... i only feel sorry for the ones who haven't stumbled across avs (or one of the few other sites that aren't faith based)... for those that have found avs, they have only themselves to blame...
@sam... yes, you are on the correct path there, re: rlo... for movies and mch music, try turning off dynamic volume, and start with a rlo of 5... that seems to take the edge off the "over boosted" surrounds for me... tv "works best" for me with a rlo of 10, although 15 is preferable with fox sports broadcasts (for some reaons, they still mix the surrounds way too hot to start with)...