or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

^^^ nope... short of diabling network standby (which won't help if the avr is already on)... workaround is to create a separate subnet, put the avr on that, and restrict access to that subnet by the mac id of the devices that you want to have access...
if they are are not "differentiable" in a dbt, what possible "meaningful" difference could there be? assuming you aren't driving a decice out of of spec?"voicing" or "house sound" would be very easily seen on a frequency response graph... VERY easily...only "audiophiles" are "well versed" in "the sounds of different kit"... others realize that auditory memory is fleeting, and that being "well versed" in the "sounds of different kit" is merely being well versed in...
^^^ my local home depot is practically giving away their remaining spools of 14/2 cl3 (half price!)... go look and see what yours has... buy the biggest spool they have, and you'll be set for a very long time... i bought a 500 foot spool for 79 bucks, and have almost completed turning it in to a "poor man's" 250 feet of 11/2 for some long runs... less than 32 cents a foot (and a couple hours of work) for 11/2 ain't bad at all... why are you trying so hard to...
if you had a grasp of even the basic fundamentals of how tmds "works", you'd realize that it's not possible for a hdmi cable blow another one "right out ta the wata"...unless one of them is not "working" at all...fwiw... my system, while far from the most indulgent here at avs, is far from "inexpensive"...carry on...
^^^ yea, good to see a few other owners out there... 2300 very enjoyable hours with mine so far... l hopefully the few people who are having issues will get them squared away...
as has been the case since day 1, some cable/sat boxes have serious issues with some repeaters... this can be laid at the feet of the cable/sat companies, they simply do not care...iow, it's not the avr... and the sr7007 would be a significant downgrade from the 4311...and, once more, there are no such thing as "hdmi 1.4 cables"... there are 4 "flavors" of cables for home use, those being standard speed, high speed, and "with ethernet" versions of those 2...there are...
^^^ mark, i gotta put together a pretty flowchart of mine like that one of these days... what did you use to do that? here's a brief description (in words, no charts ) of my current collection of "stuff" and how it is tied together... hdmi cables (with the exception of one real long run, and the run to the pj) are a random collection of 28 gaugers from tartan... http://www.avsforum.com/t/1444487/hdmi-extenders-and-splitters#post_22693247 in either case, if the...
^^^ yea, no doubt he does love f1... and imo, it'd be a good move for mercedes if he would take that spot... no secret i'm a big fan of his, and the power of his personality might be just what they need there... that's gonna be a HARD job though... between the car being 4th fastest, at best,(although who knows what next year will bring) and that i expect hamilton to be patient with that for a total of say, 2 grand prix, there's gonna be some ugly moments coming on...
^^^ a link to your thread might help...
hmmm... michael and niki, that would be an interesting combination...does michael really want to:a) put in the type of work it would take to do the job? is he even cut out for it?b) deal with the inevitable meltdown by hamilton over the next 2 years as he is repeatedly trounced?