or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

^^^ cool! glad i could stop the swearing... nope, that part i can't help with... not familiar at all with the units, so i'd just be throwing stuff against the wall hoping it would stick there...
^^^ it is likely that you would benefit greatly from the audyssey setup guide that avs members have compiled...
^^^ go ahead and run yourself some cat6 (a couple runs) as long as you have it open... conduit would be even better...
^^^ no, you cannot do what you want with your current setup... the bdp is only acting as a hdmi switch, it is not stripping the audio from hdmi INPUTS and sending it to the spdif OUTPUT... it is merely passing through the hdmi signal... it has nothing to do with either the laptop or your avr... it's entirely due to the way the switch is working... to do what you want... and there's no guarantee you won't experience lip-sync issues if you do it this way, but if you...
december 14...but who watches commercials? that's why they invented remote controls...
^^^ fortunately, that is one "upgrade" i haven't had to make... because i heard that particular upgrade can be hella expensive...
^^^ although it is not specifically stated in the manual, i would make an educated guess by reading what the manual says and the examples that are given is that it is a straight passthrough, and will not do what you want... pages 16 and 17 of the manual would appear to confirm my train of thought, simply because of the way the examples are presented...
remember when you and i experimented with this?
^^^ this...
you are misunderstanding what you need to do... "arc" works over the SAME hdmi cable that goes from your avr's OUTPUT to the tv... you don't connect the tv to an INPUT port on the avr... connect your avrs OUTPUT port to the arc enabled INPUT port on the tv, and you should get what you want...