or Connect

Posts by ccotenj

^^^ heh... introducing "how things really work" back into the conversation, instead of "scienc-y sounding stuff", i see... the response should be interesting...
here you go... the spears & munsil disk will have have what you need... it's only 25 bucks...http://www.spearsandmunsil.com/hdbenchmark.html
well, at least we agree on the conclusion... c'mon man... turn it up!!!
^^^ +1... just in case someone might make a 4k pj available under 5 figures soon... edit: darn... was hoping someone would exercise this and kick out any firmware bugs...
cool thanks... if you've got access to test patterns, that would be great too...
^^^ if you look at the tests, most of them will end up going into protection when pushed... and also, several of the tests on units (such as certain amplifiers that are very popular around here) show that they will only produce their "tested acd numbers" for very short periods of time... in the "real world", you'd never push the amplifier to "full power" for anything longer than a short burst... acd tests are one of the most misused and misunderstood tests that...
^^^ capacitance doesn't hurt...
^^^ lol... nah, that particular horse has been led to water many times...
^^^ thanks bob for the kind thoughts... it's much appreciated... yup, good here... other than an indoor swimming pool in my basement and LOTS of branches down, we came through unscathed at my house... others were far less fortunate... even where i live (across the river from philly), there are many downed trees, and i would anticipate some people will be without electricity for quite some time... the people who live at the shore will need all of the thoughts...
ah, gotcha... if you do go in this direction, post back with results... i'd be interested to see how well it deals with it...