or Connect

Posts by timevacuum

So not knowing how well my plans would work, I decided to keep the investment costs down and purchased a basic Elite manual screen. I wanted to post this for anyone else who is looking to minimize the case height of their projector screen becasue they are in a similar situation: installing a projection screen into a curtain valence. I ordered an Elite 120" 4:3 M120UWV2 which for me works well as it gives ~96" width, good for my viewing room and it was dirt cheap on...
Well in the spirit of adventure and without dwelling too much on the risk to the new investment, I started playing with the custom resolution settings. I found that changing the "Timing Standard" from "Auto" to "CVT reduced blank" did the trick and the projector is now producing the proper image for 1920 x 1080. No individual parameter changes were required. Hope this might someone else.
The Dell graphics card has the ability to create custom resolutions with the settings in the attached graphic. Would playing with these help? I'm not familiar with adjusting these video settings.
As you suggest, Fn-F8 on my laptop cycles through dual screen modes. I have tried both the "external dispay only" setting and multiple screen mode with cloned screens and with extended desktop settings. Unfortunately these do not solve or have any effect on the problem. One other note is that 1920 x 1080 results in a 16:9 image but it is clear there is some scaling going on and the image is not great.
Help: Wrong aspect ratio when using a 1920x 1080 analogue signal I received my 8000 this weekend and eagerly connected it to my laptop (Dell Precision M90) with an analogue monitor/vga cable. When set to 1920 ×1080 / 60 hz , I get a what seems almost like a 4:3 image on the screen and the image is shifted all the way to the right. All icons, images, etc are squeezed in the horizonal. Anyone know how I can fix or troubleshoot this? I have searched and played with...
I am hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I am looking for a replacement manual screen that needs to fit into a small valence pocket at the top of a window without hanging down too far. My current screen is an old 96" wide Da-lite Picture King with the tripod removed. The case for this screen has an overall height of 2.75" and it fits very nicely into the valence pocket. The pull bar and handle just barely show. I have looked at a number of main...
So I hate to keep coming back to this. I just want to make sure I got it right. If I want to control lights, the only option is to find a dimmer with IR support and position one of the blasters to hit the switch. Correct? No direct RF interaction from H900 to dimmers. No direct IR interaction from H900 and the dimmer (must go through the blaster). Any idea why they dumped Z-wave? Just the change in freq? (edit: noticed Wanna's earlier reply re: change to Ecnet in...
Huh?(BTW, thanks for starting the petition on logitech's site. Signed it.)
What's the story on direct wireless control for home automation stuff? I understand they have switched horses to something called ZigBee. Has anyone used or tried lighting controllers or other home automation products based on this standard? S.
I bought a Roku soundbridge radio R1000 from Bestbuy last week and am very happy with it. I am using it with my Infrant NV NAS. I have both Firefly (iTunes) and Slimserver services running and connected to the R1000 as well as the internet radio and regular am and fm radio. This is a great unit and for the small package, the sound is terrific. We use it in our kitchen after I returned one of those GE spacesaver under the counter jobbies. We could not get good enough...