or Connect

Posts by sgarringer

Quote: Originally posted by Brock Samson Any updates on what Mcleod is currently sending over cable qam? As of 3 days ago, I snagged HDNet and HDNet Movies in addition to all the music channels. Everything else is not in the clear.
Welcome to the forum mp3truck. To answer your question, yes, those do seem a bit weak. I live on the NW side also, on a ground floor apartment on 29th St NW (off Edgewood Road) and I manage signals in the 90-98% range. I use a pair of rabbit ear antennas sitting in the window. I also have an old CATV line amp (the ones they put in apartment buildings to amplify the signal so they can send it to 20+ homes instead of 1) boosting up the antenna, but this shouldn't...
Quote: I'm not sure what bad taste from the Mediacom connection that you're referring to. I have a bad taste because they're feeding Mediacom subscribers HD content exclusive. Yeah, there is no reason for KFXA to sandbag getting OTA HD running when Mediacom is (probably) giving them kickbacks to feed them the HD content exclusively...
Do they have any HD infomericals for them to play on KWKB?? I think the point would be missed...
Quote: Originally posted by flyingvee maybe the northwest side of their antenna farm? or NW side of their transmitter? or more likely, the NW side of the inside of their transmitter, with a cable leading to their board ;) I'll see HD on KFXA when I have hair again. Sorry, NW side of Cedar Rapids. Heres my address: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2121+2...W,+52405&hl=en They're not in HD yet, but it is a digital signal. Its registering about...
I'm getting KFXA in OTA Digital with my Rabbit Ears on the NW side. Anyone else getting this weird signal? -Shawn
I dont think Mediacom sends anything in QAM clear over the cable. Mediacom does use QAM64 and QAM128. McLeod uses QAM256. But again, if memory serves me, he will not be able to get anything without a Mediacom cablebox.
Quote: Originally posted by fdelin Does mediacom offer HDDVR, with another year of thunderstorms coming it is mighty tempting to get ye olde lightning rod off my roof. Yes they do. But you'll have to contact them as all the pricing information I have is 2 years old.
Quote: Originally posted by Brock Samson Pardon my ignorance, but what kind of HDTV offering does Mcleod have? I've never been able to find anything in their website's services list. right now they have two packages, the multiroom HD DVR and the single room HD DVR. The multiroom runs $27 a month and includes a Explorer 8300 HDDVR and uses other DCTs (1000 series) to stream video off this box. It is dual tuner and has a 120GB hard drive (SATA...
Hello. I just got an HDTV tuner and TV and must admit I'm very impressed so far. I have a pair of rabbit ear antennas connected to a 45dbi node amp I still have from when I worked at the cable company. I live in a basement apartment on Edgewood Rd, and I get 2,7,9,32, and 48 all with signal from 90 to 98% solid and 2 comes in around 75%. They all look perfect, except PBS has a few dropouts (maybe 2 per show) but I guess that is tolerable (although annoying). I...