or Connect

Posts by sgarringer

Why not just go all out and switch to circular polarization. Yes, the antennas are going to be more complicated to get the 6MHz bandwidth but it's what we've done on the FM broadcast side for decades. We're starting to do it in the 2-way radio world as well. A circular polarized signal being received on either a horizontal or vertical antenna will only lose 3dB versus a vertical signal hitting a horizontal antenna or vice versa having up to a 20dB signal loss. This site...
There was some really bad lip sync during the opening ceremony but that was the singers faults
Wow, sports is so important to preempt the POTUS? Give me a break... The news casters of yester year would be rolling in their graves.
I used to live in Chicago. They don't break in to programming for much, and if they do then I can just switch back to the Cedar Rapids locals chances are good that there is not severe weather both places. I'd rather get my weather info from the NWS or by listening directly on an amateur radio or even better yet, going out and spotting myself than trusting any of the local media outlets in this area to provide the data to me.
Vote with your wallet, and switch to Mediacom, Dish or DirecTV. Heck, the DBS providers don't even have to know where you live, so there is no way they can do this. As far as my DBS provider is concerned, I live where I originally had my service installed. Maybe someday I'll call to inform them that I moved, but with billing online and everything I have no need to. I get the locals from a different market as well, of course I have an antenna for the locals from this...
Those people should be paying attention to the conditions and determine if they should or should not go accordingly. Even if they don't cancel your "bible study" if the roads are horrible you probably should stay home. I'm pretty sure god will understand if you miss one because the roads are bad...
Have you noticed on KCRG that the cancellations are always about 2 to 5 characters too long to be displayed on the line properly, so they have to scroll the whole thing across the screen so you can see the last 3 letters of "Closed"? If they got rid of that service master logo they could fit the entire thing on there, it would be much smoother, and they could get through the whole list about 3x faster.Air the cancellations at the top of the hour, at 15 past, 30 past, and...
I stand corrected on the HD-DVR but you don't seriously think that "FREE" meant without subscribing to the package that provides the channels. I mean, what would possibly make you think that you could get basic cable, and then just magically all these HD channels for "FREE" even though you don't pay for the package that provides them. I think it is quite obvious that they mean "FREE" for everyone who already gets those channels in SD. I mean, why stop at where you did? ...
You could try calling them and asking them. Short of providing your exact address, if you are in an aerial area look for thick black hardline usually located above Mediacom and below Qwest. There should also be a termination block for twisted pair right next to the cable tap. (which looks like this: http://telecomvisions.homestead.com/...k_terminal.jpg) I'm not sure I understand why you would expect to subscribe to basic cable, and rent an HD-DVR box... I am doubtful...
ImOn has coverage on much of the NE, NW and SW sides of town. The SE side extends quite a ways along first Ave, but not far to the east, by the time you hit Mt. Vernon Rd their buildout stops.