or Connect

Posts by Hangrumps

It seems that DVA won't accept the Zip Code. When you inserted the Zip Codes it was accepted. No matter how many times I inserted a Zip Code, I'm told there isn't any Zip Code. When I open the space to insert the Zip Code, my Zip Code is there. It just doesn't go any further than that box
I uninstalled DVA 3.1 Installed Java 6 update 11. Istalled DVD 3.2. Still can't acces the TV Guide. still getting the same messages. . .
Hi, I have a problem opening the TV Guide when I open DVArchive. Let me start by saying that I have disabled the Firewall. When I open DVArchive Properties and open the TV Guide Tab I get a message that states: ''You must select at least one Listing Lineup/Provider when enabling the TV Guide.'' when I click on ''Change Zip/Provider'' under ''Primary Provider I get a ''Choose Zipcode First''. When I hit Change and put in my Zip Code NOTHING happens. It goes back to the...
Hi, I had been having trouble with power surges in my area (Florida). It has been suggested that I get a UPS. I have a 52" Sharp Aquos 1080; 120 hz TV; ReplayTV; Receiver, plus a DirecTV Satelite box. Would 1000Va 600 watts UPS be good enough? Overkill? Underkill? Ultra has one for $109. Seems to be a quality one. Are there better for that kind of money? Any information would be of great help. . . Thank You
Hi, My ReplayTV Died. I have it about 3 or 4 years. About a year and a half ago I started having problems with it. The picture would freeze and the sound would repeat. It was suggested that I needed a new Hard-Drive. I sent the RTV to the repair people at ReplayTV. They put in a new Hard-Drive. That lasted about 3 months. I sent it back and had the Hard-Drive replaced. That lasted about 5 months. I then sent to Mikey-Boy for a Hard-Drive. I installed it without any...
Hi, My ReplayTV is dying. I had bought a lifetime subscription. My son has a ReplayTV. He wants to give it to me. When I called ReplayTV, they told me that with a new ReplayTV I lose my old lifetime subscription and have to get a new subscription. I have a few questions: 1. Is there a way to take my son's ReplayTV and circumvent buying a new subscription? 2. Can Tivo be used like ReplayTV, i.e. transferring to my computer? If so, HOW? And do I have to...
I just switched from Comcast to DirecTV. I was told that Replay TV was not compatible with DirecTV. With the help of a cable from a Company called Paterson Technolgy (WWW.Patersontech.com), I bought something called USB TV Translator. It cost $42.00. It replaced the IR Blaster. Just hooked the cable from the Replay TV box to the DirecTV Satellite box and went into the set-up in Replay TV and changed the Input and I was in business. The directions were quite simple. Hope...
DirecTV has two DVRs that have an Ethernet port. HR21-200 and HR21-700. Is there a way to transfer or stream from DirecTV DVR hard-drive to your PCs hard-drive using the ethernet connection. Replay TV with the help of a program called DVArchive allows you to transfer from Replay TV to your PC. Replay TV was just bought by DirecTV. Does anyone know a way to transfer from a DirecTV DVR to your PC?
I hope this is the right place for this question? I have an Hitachi 51G500 TV. I want to get Direct-TV. I have a DVI connection. I was told by a salesman at Circuit City that all I would need is a DVI to HDMI cable. Then somebody said that my TV doesn't support HDCP. Right then I was lost. The question is: Given what you know, Can I get HD with my Hitachi TV? . . Thanks for your support.
I guess I'm not explaining myself correctly. Or, I don't fully grasp what's going on. I understand tha process of changing the file. But, how to do it is the problem. I can't FIND THE TARGET PATH TO CHANGE. I have tried to change the name of the exe. program that opens DVArchive. I have clicked on properties. there isn't anything that is changeable. As far as WinDVA goes, outside of the exe., I can't find it. I am told that it's working. I can't find it. there isn't...