or Connect

Posts by IamAnoobieCheez

In that case I would recommend 3x Magic Mushroom Power 7m ($38,000 each), total: $114,000. These are long enough (7m) so no need to worry about distance for locating your equipment too.Info:Magic Mushroom is liquid smooth, neutral, uncolored and powerful while being laid-back and enjoyable.Magic Mushroom takes White Beach to a higher level. The bass is bigger, fuller and more powerful, but it's still quicker and more textured with more information! It's also calmer and...
Save a little more and you get pick up a Ferrari Enzo or the Swedish champ Koenigsegg CCX as an alternative.No you don't have to buy all three Grim Reaper's as I mentioned earlier all you need is one "good" one right from electrical wall outlet to the power distributor. From then on you can pickup some cheaper ($500~ 1000) power cords to power each device. Even without those $500 power cords you will get a *huge* gain in sound quality from the one main power source (wall...
The top-of-the-line Grim Reaper power cord costs $200,000. That's bleeding edge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCnJViT1MA&feature=plcpIt uses Furutech FI-50M plug and the outside is made of carbon fiber composite material. I still like that rattlesnake sleeving a lot.
One of the Patrick's videos I enjoy watching is this one: $80k power cables arrived after kidnappning - proof and testing FULL VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Icu8kKKZtk&feature=relmfu In that video the power cables appear to be Desert Power 2.5m ($30,000) and Ice King Power 6m ($50,000), total: $80,000. The one I am interested in like I said earlier is the White Night Power 5m. Info: White Night power 5m Designed for: Amplifiers, power distributors White...
Yoda, you see at first when I saw Patrick's thread demonstrating his $80,000 cables I thought it was joke. But after more checking it started to believe it. I now know this isn't a joke. They are real, and are made for ultra-high performance in sound. You would think power cord has absolutely no connection to the sound quality but it is true about performance power cords having impact on sound quality after checking out various audiophile forums and what people say there....
There is a way to greatly improve your bass sound (improves high's as well (overall dynamics and contrast) by upgrading your generic power cord to high-end (price starting well above $1000). For my next upgrade I'm going to save up for a White Night Power cable ($25,000). It's 5 meters long and constructed with 1-stage crystal cleaning (cleaning nasty noise) for superb audio quality. This is the one I am seriously interested in getting one. Waiting to hear...
Now if you are planning to upgrade your speakers to something higher (e.g. Adam, Dynaudio, Focal, Genelec, Mackie, etc) level speakers sometime in the future it may not be wise to get the Angel or Sydney cables (with some exception to the subs as they have RCA outputs). In that case, get the "single-ended" high-performance RCA cables or XLR cables. Audioquest has the line-up for that, for example, Diamondback, King Cobra, Columbia, Colorado, Niagara, etc etc etc. There...
Before I upgraded my A2 speakers to Focal CMS40 for my entertainment center it was running with SVS SB12-NSD. Sydney cable feeding the sub, Angel cable to the A2 speakers.Using a toslink connection isn't overkill at all. Yes going DAC onward is analog and having very good performing (not Monoprice or Bluejean) cables is vital. The D1 DAC itself provides rather poor very forwarding, absorbent and fatty sound and only get worse with mediocre interconnects.Sounds funny...
Scott,The S8 will probably work better for your music. Smaller bass driver will give you tighter / hard bass and will sound more accurate compare to low/mid price range larger subs as those are for "HOME THEATER MOVIES" anyway...You also need to upgrade your Audioengine A5 speakers to A2 ($200) as they provide better sound. Get an Audioquest Angel RCA-RCA cable ($1200 for 1.5m, $1400 2m) for your speakers. You don't have to get Angel cable for your sub. Get an...
See pics above. Can those cables be pulled apart? They are attached together... can't tell if they can be detached. Anyone? BetterCables have RCA cables that are sold by piece (single cable) but they are expensive... well over 100 bucks. I ain't got money for that.