or Connect

Posts by blastermaster

http://www.avsforum.com/t/837848/minimalist-approach-to-screen-wall Check out the above thread. Also, call avscience sales. They may have some good quality b-stock projectors that will save you some money (I just saw a recent post where they had some b stock Sony projectors...). Honestly, though, don't be scared off of doing the project. It's not that difficult, but I definitely understand where you're coming from. I just decided to redo my deck. I've just ripped it...
Unless you've got gobs of cash to play with, you will need to wait a while before 4k projectors come down in price. As it stands, the least expensive one you can get as far as I know is the sony:http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SONY-VPL-VW500ES-4K-3D-1080P-HD-Home-Theater-Projector-/221377577387?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item338b21c1abYou will also want to wait for a projector that's hdmi 2.0 compatible as well...and a receiver.If you can't wait, there are tons of 1080p...
Haha, too true. My first screen was a rolled on black widow formula. It took some getting used to the glittery look, but despite my meticulous efforts, I could see roller marks in really bright scenes (damn that metallic paint). It completely took me out of the movie and made me loathe bright scenes in movies. Even after getting a new screen it took me a while to enjoy bright outdoor scenes for fear of seeing some imperfection that could take me out of the movie. If...
There are other good ones as well around that price range, but if he is planning on mounting it on his back wall, even if it`s on the 14` wall, at max zoom, the image will still be over 130 inches:http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-W1070-projection-calculator-pro.htmIf it needs to be installed on the back wall like that, I`d suggest an LCD projector (although I am preferential to DLP) like the Epson...
Jack Reacher and Ghost Protocol were definitely on my short list, as was The Amazing Spiderman (not a highly rated movie but I really liked it). Lots of LOTR on people's lists , but I just can't sit through them as much as I like them. They're just too damned long (puts on flame proof suit).
Well, going back on what I said, I decided to get it. Mainly because my kids were getting bored of NFS: Most Wanted and Rivals is another sandbox type racer which my kids like. They would rather just drive around than race. It's my job to race and get new cars and upgrades. So comparing it to Most Wanted, I would have to say the graphics are much, much better in Rivals. There are leaves and debris flying all over the place, the rain on the screen and cars looks...
So I go through my collection on the weekends (and weekdays if I'm lucky) deciding which movie to watch. I love all the movies I own, but I find myself often going back to specific ones. These are the ones I watch more often than all the rest. These are not necessarily the highest rated movies, but ones I particularly enjoy. More often than not, I skip by the really intense, emotionally draining ones and go for the fun ones that don't require too much of me as I'm...
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Sanyo-PLV-70-projection-calculator-pro.htm For a 1.0 gain screen, you are maxed out in terms of size at ~175". If you go any larger you're going to be at an unacceptable level of brightness. Usually in a church there is ambient light anyway, so even at 175" it may be pushing it. You could get a high gain screen, but you will be paying a lot of money for a good one and there will be issues in that there is a sweet spot for viewing a high...
Once a year, if that. I have a few friends that also have home theaters and we take turns hosting movie night. The popcorn is better, the beer flows, and...the pause button is there for us weak-bladdered folk. When I do go to the movies, though, I usually have a great experience. I've never had a problem with cell phone users, noisy people or whatever. The sense of community is kinda cool when everyone responds in the same way to a funny part in the movie, for...
Hmm, I've got room to move with my speakers. I currently have them as close as I can to the screen and they seem to sound awesome. I'll move them back a bit and see if I notice a difference (highly unlikely). I've also been meaning to test extreme toe-in with them, so maybe this will be a good reason to try. Mostly I've just been enjoying watching movies and amazingly not really messing around with my setup.