or Connect

Posts by tbondurant

ABC is upgrading it's new york hi def equipment this week so no hi def until sunday night, I think. WAPT just finished installing all new satellite receiving equipment for ABC regular network and HD signals. The signal is delivered digital for both where as the regular ABC network was old analog receiving equipment that dated back to 1989 and was very noisy. You should notice a slightly improved main network signal now. The HD probably will be about the same but with all...
WAPT has been full power since July 1st. I went in at midnight just ot get it on right on the mark! Our antenna will not be at full height until we can get WJMI to move their antenna out of the top spot. It is a legal issue....Don't know about WJTV as I have been out of town on vacation for 2 weeks. Tom (WAPT C.E.)
Antennaweb also lists LBT as channel 51. they will be on channel 9. they also show WAPT direction from my house for analog and digital as off a degree. My antennas are on the same tower, i.e. same direction. Wonder where they get their information? tom
I understand JTV digital is actually currently getting their line and antenna installed for their full power digital signal. They should be on the air with it most any time. Still no updates from the rumor mill on LBT.
Our Owners believe in following the rules and even though it has cost us millions to get it on the air, we went ahead and did it. LBT owners must think otherwise. I know their local engineers are very frustrated by their corp. response to HD. Anyone notice my local audio sounding better?
For those into 5.1 audio, I added the "box" last night that "makes" 5.1 from my stereo local audio. Don't have it fine tuned but listening at home, it does sound better than the old just two channels, especially when switching between ABC's digital feed and my local upconverted stuff. Let me know. I understand from a little bird that it will probably be Sept. before LBT is on. I look forward to doubling my power on Friday (we are required to by the FCC) but I am ready to...
if WLBT had started the process several years ago like the rest of us, they would not be waiting on equipment to be delivered. Even though they wanted to change channels, they could have purchased the microwave gear ages ago since that choice had no bearing on their final HD channel. just another excuse not to spend the money, in my opinion.
All great suggestions for antennas. If you try the attic, just remember not to let it touch other metal like ductwork. sometimes the wood supports make it hard to aim correctly too but worth a try. the more directional the antenna the better, i.e. less reflections getting it. the next versions of receivers are supposed to deal with reflected signals better but not out yet, that I have heard of. Can't believe the race is not in HD today. It's ABC, go figure....& I am not...
Holly smokes. So much for ABC telling the afiliates about another show in HD. I did hear about GMA and wonder just how they will delay it for our time zone. And how they will display the time. Now, we get a central zone feed (during the week) that is delayed an hour so the displayed time is correct. we insert the temperature locally but ABC controls when it goes in. They are claiming they are getting a new logo inserter "soon" so maybe it will address this. You will notice...
good luck on thinking WLBT HD will be on in a month! 20/20 has never been in HD so you did not miss anything when we were running election results or weather. The reason we go back to SD is the HD equipment for running the weather info is still real expensive and we are not making a nickel on HD yet so it is hard to justify. I know that reasoning stinks but we have already spent $3 million getting what we have on the air with no return. Not great for business model but we...