or Connect

Posts by tds1

We have used the Aton since October and is was one of the best things I have purchased. Getting ready to purchase a second kit to expand TV capacity. Only thing is we typically don't shut off the zones on the ATON. Mostly using it for DirectTV so it's a lot easier just to turn TV/Source on and off. I wonder whether leaving the zones on all the time will adversely affect the life of the ATOn, but otherwise it has been great!
Here is my update: This device is amazing! Jautor is right on - I got it up and running with no problems... Well, I should clarify that the main issue was retro wiring the Cat 5 wires to the outlets. Once that was done, installation was easy. I have Cat 5 runs up to 125 feet, and the HD picture is perfect. I am using three HR24 Direct TV DVRs as the sources, and will add a Bluray player with netflix streaming soon. The IR switching on the device seems almost...
Finally made a decision on the AA Avatrix vs Aton HDR44. Based on reading the Avatrix thread, I was concerned with some people having trouble getting the IR routing to work with Direct TV receivers (which will be 3 of my 4 sources). Also, the fact that the IR receivers weren't included with the Avatrix was a negative for me. One the other hand, the 4 input of the Aton vs 8 on the Avatrix is really a bare minimum, but I think I can make it work. So, finally pulled the...
Odd. Does the flash of color/pattern occur only on the set that is switching sources or does it occur on all sets that are on? How quick does switching occur?
I am thinking of getting an Avatrix. Are you all pretty satisfied with it? How quick does the IR route commands to the components? Is it pretty good or is their a delay?
I have a hybrid system. It is a Nuvo Grand Concerto using two Sonos ZP90 as sources. The Sonos is then connected to my NAS server. As everyone has said, the Sonos is amazing and very easy to use, but you can design it as a standalone system or as a source for distributed audio. Either way works. From what you are describing, the HTD system with Sonos as a source could be a great option. Having 6 Sonos units gets pretty expensive, especially if you are buying the ZP120s....
Interesting thread, I am thinking of the HDR44 as well but the 4x8 is somewhat limiting. I was thinking about it, and it seems like one option would be NOT to daisy chain the two HD44's together. Then you would have 2 separate 4 x 4 units. If you had 2 satellite receivers, you could use a component splitter to split the output from each receiver which would go into both HD44s. That would leave 2 open inputs on both units. That way you can effectively have 6 inputs...
Hmm, I am sure you are probably right. The description couldn't be more ambiguous and I can't find a picture of the back of the wall plates. Here is what the description says (Xantech HDCXSG01): "Make your HD video and audio connections attractive and secure. The Component Video and Coaxial Digital Audio to F-Type Connector Single Gang Wall Plate is designed for the knowledgeable home theater enthusiast look to make a clean, professional installation. The F-type connector...
I currently have 6 TVs in the house, most of which are HD capable. I currently have 1 HD cable box on one TV, but the rest have analog cable. My wiring to each TV is pretty limited. RG-6 cable to each TV location (some have multiple feeds) and some locations also have a single Cat-5 wire. Running additional wire would be very difficult and costly. In any case, I got the letter this week from Comcast that they are converting to all digital, and I don't want to put a cable...
I have a couple of questions as a am thinking of purchasing a Bocs Xtender. I read through this thread and the FAQ but couldn't find the answers. 1) I will be using a ReplayTV and Slingcatcher as sources. Most of my TVs have QAM tuners that can tune in local unencrypted HD channels from the cable. Will the supercombiner filter out the ability of those TVs to tune in HD channels from those feeds? 2) One of my TV sets has a Comcast HD digital cable box. Will the TV...