or Connect

Posts by Michael P 2341

They barely have enough programming to keep 55.2 on and they are starting a 3rd subchannel?!?
The reason for the volume difference with the Robert Trent Jones commercials is that anytime you see RTJ Golf it's originating from a Raycom station (WOIO/WUAB) and not on the THIS, Bounce, or MeTV. It's a "local insertion" spot. RTJ advertises exclusively on the Raycom stations, I have never seen their ads on any other local station or cable network.That being said, local insertion commercials usually have volume levels that don't match the network feed. They can...
The Dish Network UHF remotes are more sophisticated than those old Magnavox/Phillips Touch Tune remotes. For one thing you can change the address to any number of choices in order to avoid a neighbor's remote controlling your device.
You should ask Armstrong. Most of us on this forum have either OTA only or satellite. Perhaps Time Warner uses the same hardware, have you tried that forum? Have you considered Dish Network? I know they have RF remotes (from personal experience).
By the time I worked for WRDZ (several ownerships after WIXY) the studio was Carl Smith's 2nd floor studio which was the original studio for WCRF-FM. The daytime pattern was the Rockside Rd. transmitter, however the nighttime pattern was on Snowville Rd. along I-77 south of Miller Rd. One evening the young board op on duty turned on the nighttime transmitter without shutting off the daytime transmitter. This resulted in dueling 5K transmitters spaced ~9 miles apart. I...
I used to get WHK on my landline when I lived in Seven Hills. Their transmitter was ~1 mile due south of my house. Were either you or the other party in Brecksville or Richfield/Boston Twp.(western end)? Much like my problem with WHK I could only imagine how much farther WTAM's signal could interfere. As the tower was right on the county line, the interference could happen on either Richfield (659) or Brecksville (526) exchanges (yes I realize there are many more...
If it's described as a "monitor" chances are there is no tuner. Why bother with this HD CRT when superior HD screens are available at reasonable prices (not to mention much lighter - those HD CRT's weigh a ton).
Not much has changed on that tower over the years other than the addition of 96.5 which used to be in Cuyahoga Falls and is still technically an Akron market station (in radio Cleveland and Akron are separate markets). I used to work at WRDZ AM 1260 back in '89 - '91. Their studio was on the 2nd floor of Carl Smith's building where this tower is located. We used to get crosstalk from WTAM (then still "3WE"), in fact when the humidity was just right you could hear 3WE...
The location of Akron's antenna farm was decided when the only station was WAKR-49. It was an ABC affiliate and they had to "protect" WEWS exclusive ABC programming in Cuyahoga County. Unfortunately when WAKR moved to 23 and ch 49 became PBS WEAO the tower location remained on the west end in the shadow of Bath/Richfield. Ch 67 (47 analog predecessor) moved from Stark county to Portage County and is unaffected by the "shadow". 29 is near there too. Too bad 23 & 49...
Tower height trumps power. I get WKBN 24/7 with an indoor Silver Sensor on top of a stack of boxes raising the antenna to near ceiling height. I only get WYTV when the atmosphere cooperates, and WFMJ is the last in and first to go out in those situations. WKBN has the best HAAT of all the Y'town stations.I got the analog 67 (47's analog predecessor signal) and 29 when I lived in Seven Hills. But get this - the best LPTV picture came from Kirtland's ch 51! There was...