or Connect

Posts by ronPerloff

Let me preface the remainder of this post with an observation. I have had many dealings with Sony over the years as both a consumer and an electronics engineer. In all cases my experience has been they are a classy organization offering fine products. I believe what I describe below is an anomaly. At the end of last week I spoke with a tech at Sony's Customer Satisfaction Center in Laredo. I asked him why he wanted to replace the optical assembly and lamp when the...
Folks, Thank you for the quick response. I believe I can confirm it is not a lamp issue. I always keep a fresh lamp on hand in order not to have to wait for a replacement when the one in the projector goes. As part of my diagnostics I tried replacing the lamp. It made no difference. Yes, I do use the projector frequently, but I changed the lamp and filter when the picture became dim. Again, a new lamp does not change any of the symptoms. Update I just spoke with...
I recently sent my Sony VPL-VW50 projector back to Sony for repair of what appeared to me to be a simple mechanical problem. They returned an estimate of over $3,200 to replace the Optical Unit Assembly and the projector lamp. This does not seem to match the symptoms. I am hoping someone in the forum can shed some light on this. Here is a description of the environment, symptoms and diagnostic steps I have taken: My VPL-VW50 projector is suspended upside-down from a...