or Connect

Posts by classic140

You can check the Energy Star ratings published by the federal govt... they have a list (short one) of current equipment & how much power is used.
Seems like I have a similar issue... On Vizio LCD 32HDTV I get lots of yellow/lime colors that I can't adjust out. Used Avia calibration, etc. Here's what I've noticed: when connecting DVD player thru AV1 (or other non-HD connections) everything is great ! when connecting same DVD player to an HD input - yellow /greenish cast. I've had the set for 3 weeks. On the second day, the screen went black & in lower left quadrant of screen, a green & white stripe came up; also...
Although I haven't painted yet, I saw a magazine article somewhere (Sound & Vision, maybe?) that recommended grey tones. The guy in the article painted his a blue/grey. One good thing about paint is that you can always paint over it...LOL Good luck.
I just ordered a CM 4228 to receive HD stations in Philly. I'm on top of a hill & hope to pull in Philly stations. Any advice? confused: Update: mounted the 4228 & much to my surprise pulled in 11 digital stations at compass 161degrees. Picked up Wilmington, DE & NJ station (without rotor). I'm more that pleased with the flat design of the ChannelMaster antenna & the great reception. Directv; HD Tivo; Panny 42" EDTV series 7, commercial. My next...
Just recv'd my Panny 42" EDTV (industrial model). I couldn't be happier with the set. :D We had a 10 yr old Hitachi CRT 32" and after many hours of reading the AV forum & other websites, I finally went with the EDTV for the same reasons already mentioned. I was really hoping for HD to be more a reality, but finally realized the hype doesn't support the reality. (not much programming). I have Direct with Tivo only the standard definition (with D's digital signal,...
Just a reminder... the higher the resolution (HD vs ED vs SD) the closer you can sit.
Does anyone know where warranty service for the Westy is located? Is it in the BB stores? Or do we have to ship it somewhere? I'm almost ready to buy.... I checked my credit card & it will double the 1 yr mfg warranty to two years. Any thoughts? Also - I will be using Dtv sat Tivo box & a PC & DVR .... anyone have suggestions on proper set up for the TIVO1 sat box.... and what can I expect to see on the display with this set up? (on a scale of 1 to...
Does anyone have experience with the 434CMX - I see it needs a video card, but don't know which one would be right for me. I plan to use the display to run digital (from Directv), ultimately HD from Directv & use as a PC monitor with split screen. Also use HD TIVO for the tuner... I think I need the HDMI cable ???? Which video card works with this setup? Help! Classic - HDTV explorer... :)
Thanks, davidjschenk ! The pictures would be great! I went to the Webshots site & they have LOTS of pics ! Can't wait for you to include the links ! Thanks !
You guys are GREAT ! I'm learning so much... almost ready to jump out there on the Westy. Something that may help the new owners' connectors is the great detail that Westinghousedigital offers on their website. For example: DVI2 - supports up to 1080i, recommnends a 20 pin DVI cable DVI1 - supports up to 1080p (again a 20 pin cable) Best video inputs: Digital cable/satellite receiver - DVI-HDCP DVD player - DVI-DHCP Game console - YPbPr VCR - S-Video Also says for PC...