or Connect

Posts by wrg2

Wow...who would have thought that this thread would have come this far As the originator of this thread about a year ago, I can see that there are many like me who have great enthusiasm for Paradigm speakers. To update, I currently still have my birdseye maple S2's, C3, and ADP's in the rear and will continue to do so indefinitely, or until I move and present a new audio canvas to color using cutting edge equipment. Currently, my room is small and only requires needs that...
sredmyer, First off, I congratulate on a wife that appreciates "high-volume" music. I grew up with the 70's bands that in concert played at levels that I'm surprised that I still can hear :p plus playing playing my Les Pauls at volumes that only blues players could understand. These days I prefer music that I can effectively raise volumes and still have the clarity that good music deserves to be heard at. And that required me to buy a set-up speakers/amp that could...
bear paws, May I chime in here on this phenomena so to speak, from my experience. Back a good many years ago, I experienced such as one could claim as "perfect sound" in my friends garage no less :p The music played on his system was spellbinging. I've always tried to eminate that "sound" ..with his simple Marantz and some "who-knows-what" speakers. Today I reflect back on this experience and "guess" that it had to do with perfect acoustics and equip for that particular...
Everytime I spin Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" 20th Anniversary Edition in the player, I usually end up listening to the whole CD. Sounds fantastic with the Signatures/Arcam gear :D
gilevans...what do you use..if any, rear speakers? I think the Arcam sound super with the Sig's...at least the smaller Sig's, ie S2's, C3. Very musical. I use this setup for 75% music/multi-ch, 25% movies...Couldn't be happier
I have the AVR300 and have the CD33 hooked up to it using the analog connection, superior sound IMO. I bought a Sony W2000ES CD recorder to burn CD's for the Arcam CD player. I have it hooked up to the AVR300 using a digital connection, no comparison to the Arcam CD33 via analog...but to be fair, the CD33 costs over 2k also. Oh, and I use the 8ohm connection to Paradigm Signature speakers, sounds just fine ;)
Signature S2's Signature C3 Signature ADP's Arcam AVR300
Hey mikey, just got my Dec issue of Stereophile mag and the S2's were in the runners-up category for the "Best Sounding Products of the Year" And seeing that the four big winners were in the $20k-$44.9k range to include Wilson Audio, Innersound, Sonus Faber Stradivari and Peak Consult Empress, we're in good company with the S2. The five runners-up were Harbeth Super at $4k/pr, NHT Evoloution T6 at $4k/pr, Paradigm Reference Studio/100 v.3 at $2.3k/pr, Paradigm Signature S2...
mikeyc...yea, I agree 100% about the C3's bass. It really caught me off guard the first couple of times listening to CD's, I had to get off the couch to go over to the speaker to make sure the bass was actually coming from the C3 and not the sub ;) I play Cd's using the Neo6 Music mode and the CD's sound great! And Wilma...pretty fierce storm for a Cat3, lot's of cleanup. My job at the power company here just released me from the 16hr days on Friday, so now I'm getting...
Starred, I have the Signature ADP's mounted on the side walls adjacent to the listening position for use in a 5.1 setup. Previously with other speakers in the same room I was using direct firing for sides and rear back surround using a 7.1 setup. I actually prefer the ADP's in a 5.1 setup. They seem to create a very full and precision soundstage for both multichannel music and dts. They sound great using DVD-A's. I believe that the the ADP's are both a bi-pole/di-pole...