or Connect

Posts by wrg2

Hifi addict...tell me, I seem to have gotten lost in all the post between this forum and the AVF. I don't mean to be redundant but what were your final findings with the AVP700? Did you keep it? Did you go back to the AVR300? I didn't find any clarity on those issues sorry... :confused: It seemed though you were pretty hyped on the AVP700 you had in your home...did you keep it and kick the AVR300 to the curb? I love what I read about the AVP combo but it's just way too...
Hey, see if he give you a break or refund on the price seeing that you were hopelessly lead into believing that you had the latest greatest V4s? You never know :p
Gates, I can't really answer your specific question however I do have Signature ADPs on my side walls and do not use rear surrounds. I just use a 5.1 and bi-amp the spare channel into my fronts...On a interesting note as to how well the ADPs function, I have a test disc Digital Video Essentials in which one part has a simulated 360 degree sound field test where the tones circle around the room and when it signals a rear test tone the ADPs put it right behind me in the back...
DynamiteD...So you're going to take the $$$ plunge...It's madness I tell you...madness...maybe you should consult with an AV Doctor..."HEY...DO WE HAVE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE..THIS MAN HAS A FEVER" On the other hand, congratulations What are your Signature plans? Finish? Every day I come home and grab a coctail and sit back and listen to DVD-As or 2-ch, I'm so damn pleased I made my choice being these speakers, Paradigms are really growing on me
I want to exchange the Monster MSeries MI.4s Biwire cables that currently power my Signature Series speakers. Though these cables are very large and I've been extrememly happy with them, I want to go to a Bi-Amp cable that will fit down the cable shafts on the Premier J29 stands...The MSeries are too large and they are Bi-Wire anyway...Any suggestions :confused:
Speaking of cables...Can anybody suggest a replacement for my M Series MI.4s Biwire cables for my Signatures. These Monster MSeries cables are excellent but at the size they are will not fit in the cable tube mounted in the back of the Premier J 29 stands. The cable is like a 5/8" hose size, plus it's only a bi-wire cable and I'd like to go to a cable that I can Bi-Amp my speakers...Any suggestions?
Coming from a Yamaha DSP A-1 for the last 6 years, though a very solid dsp amp its not that close when it comes to music. And as far as I know, the AVR300 had some bugs like the fans coming on early but have been corrected. I've had both in my home, my Yamaha was the "king" here for my B&Ws but today Arcam holds the throne with the Paradigm Sigs. It's a very solid receiver and its more musical than the DSP A1 was. HT was great with the Yamaha, but I haven't used the Arcam...
Just another option/opinion...I'm not sure how much you could get selling those performance series speakers would give you in return but, if it was enough to purchase the ADPs bipole/dipole speakers, you could use them in a 5.1 and use the rear surround back to bi-amp your fronts. I know my AVR300 has the same gain in those channels and even give you the specifics on how to hook them up for the mains in the AVR manual...a lot of people on the Arcam site recommended to do...
I don't get it
Great review rileybrody! Long..but informative ;) I think you both did a super job at listening to the various speakers, configurations, and dealers. Very thorough. You know, before I bought Paradigm speakers I'd never given them a thought, perhaps I was too locked into B&W and they performed extremely well in my home, so I never really needed to re-evaluate for any reason other than mere curiosity. I'm very glad I finally did in the end after 15yrs and a couple of B&W...