or Connect

Posts by Lex vs Kingpin

dear sirs, thank you for the great video. much appreciated for your time and effort on this. Onur
Thanks again for the reply.In a thread, it is stated that:"There should not be a problem doing what you want. FLAC is not a format that can be streamed through HDMI, but it would be decoded into 96kHz LPCM by the player software in your computer. All AVRs should accept stereo LPCM, and most audio-player software should be able to create it from FLAC."Now either foobar is not correctly converting flac to lpcm OR there is something wrong with the connection.I believe...
Thanks for the quick reply.The test was done with HDtracks Anti-Master quality connection (high res flac files/format): https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=login&redirectto=samplealbumdownload&ialbum_id=13277As mentioned here, "despite HDTracks stating that all tracks are 96/24, 4 tracks are actually 44.1 kHz - not 44 upsampled to 96, but actual 44.1 - and one is 88 kHz".I have no problems with 44.1khz tracks but I am unable to play 96khz since in the control panel it...
Bump Hello all, Yesterday I opened a similar thread but probably this is a better place to ask. I have a denon 987 (same as 2807) and my connection is: htpc (foobar version 1.1.18 > wasapi (event or push doesn't matter)) > gts450 video card's hdmi output > denon 987 receiver (hdmi1 - pure direct) > stereo speakers I am getting an "Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels" error and in the control panel it looks like 96000hz is not supported by denon...
thanks for the reply. it seems 96000hz is not supported (please see the attachment) by denon. is there a way to remedy this problem? hdmi cable or anything else?  
Hello, I am having a problem with FOOBAR + WASAPI output. Simply put, I am getting an "Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels" error. Connection is gts450 hdmi output > denon 987 receiver (hdmi1 - pure direct) > foobar 1.1.18 > wasapi (event or push doesn't matter) > stereo speakers Could it be the hdmi version issue (OTOH denon 987 is only 1.1 or 1.2), but tech specs mentions 24bit/96000hz input. I really appreciate any help on the matter. Best...
Thank you for the reply. As you said I am planning to bite the bullet.Do you have any recommendations for kids glasses? I need to buy a pair for 5-6 years old kids...
Hello all, Yesterday I purchased the w1070 and now am looking for 3d glasses I am located in Turkey and really appreciate any help on what to purchase via ebay or from an online store that can ship to Turkey. If you can provide several links I would be greatly appreciated. Finally, what is your advice for kids? I would like to buy 2x glasses for adults and 2x for 5-6 years old kids (one for my daughter and one for her friend, lol)... Best regards. edit: for adults,...
Hello, I am looking for a xrite i1 pro (preferably rev d). If you have one and thinking to sell please pm me. I am currently located in Ankara, Turkey but have excellent feedback on ebay, heatware and head-fi. Best regards.
@Michael & Gordon: appreciate the replies - thank you. As Michael suggested, he offered to setup two modes; one for brighter times and the other for lights-off (night) situation. Now, I forgot to mention several things and I am sorry in advance for potentially basic below questions: 1) We have four source-display scenarios in our living room: a) cable set-top-box >> ph10uk (5%) b) 4 dishes (5 satellite coverage) >> prof revolution DVB-S2 8000 pci-e satellite card >>...