or Connect

Posts by danceswithgeckos

The alkaline batteries that came with the HW350T as well as the Eneloops both worked fine Step 1 through 4 - as outlined above. After that it does't matter what type of batteries happen to be in the remote - after Step 4 the projector stops responding to the remote and that's why you can hear the repeated clicks a the end of the video with nothing happening to the on-screen menu or my attempts to shut the projector off via the remote.
What part of the the supplied batteries were fine do you have trouble comprehending? The supplied batteries are alkalines and your magic 1.5V. I also use 1.2V AAA and AA Eneloops in all kinds of remote controls, xbox wireless controllers, wireless mice, wireless keyboards, etc. without problem and none send your so called "partial command stream"due to being underpowered. You make a good apologist for LG's flawed products - enjoy them. LG = Life's Good. Well, as long...
LG is clearly more concerned about the glossy exterior of its products than how they function. Shame that reddot, which awarded the PA70G a design award, doesn't require nominees to also demonstrate a track record of accurate specs, proper performance, and customer service/care after the sale. Not only half the time but all the time. Unfortunately, the shiny exterior shell is more important than actual...
The batteries that were supplied with the HW350T were fine, and the Eneloops were powering the remote with no problem as well. Regardless, of what set of batteries were in the remote at the time - after changing LED mode and/or just bringing up the LED mode menu, would make the HW350T stop responding to the remote.
Speaking of the NetCast feature - why did LG even bother to include it? Maybe I overlooked something but there were only 6, I guess they call them services, like Vudu, weather, Facebook - no netflix, no youtube, no pandora, etc - yet LG calls the HW350T a Smart TV projector.You're right about the inconsistent quality control. LG is the same with their repair service. When my HS201 had som discoloration in the lower right hand corner of the image, the LG repair service...
1. First videos I tested where movies from a usb thumb drive, then I did the tv tuner and HDMI .2. The controls on top of the HW350T are not the issue - they work..3. The controls on the HW350T work with or without a video source present.4. Of course the different batteries where fresh - a pair of freshly charged and tested Eneloops.5..The LED power mode behavior with signal/ no signal is not the issue - it's the HW350T failing to respond to the remote control until a...
I'm done with this thing. It's going back. Maybe I received a defective unit and it's an isolated case. If it's a more widespread issue: BUYER BEWARE - the one I received has a manufactured date of June 2012.
Just checked HDMI signal from my lenovo thinkpad. When the HW350T's fan starts rev up it will no longer respond to the remote control.
No, I only did the one video. I understand what your saying and makes sense for the unit to drop back for the purpose of power saving. The strange thing is that it starts to ignore the remote control when doing so. I just checked my HS201 (2009 model) - I guess it's not smart enough and won't drop to the lowest setting even when there is no input signal. I just moved the HW350T to another room so I can hook up the tv tuner. I wonder if it got stuck in some kind of...
When you go from ECONOMY mode to NORMAL or PRESENTATION the image will get brighter for a few seconds, but it won't stick - after few seconds the increased brightness of those modes reset to what looks like ECONOMY mode. This happens by itself. After that the HW350T won't respond to the remote control any longer. It has to be shut down with the power button on the projector. The remote aslo won't turn the projector back on again after that happens - that can only be...