or Connect

Posts by blownaway

Ohh, that makes more sense. Thanks!
I when back and followed your recommendation to change the volume on the sub so I don't end up in the -12 output after Audyssey. It worked out very well. I had to lower my JL sub a whole 1/4 turn off 0, to give me a -3db output result after Audyssey. I'm happier with the result. Bass is tighter and with less overhang. Since I use the THX Ultra 2 decoding with my 7.1 setup, I changed the Audyssey setting to “Flat”. Audyssey had my LR & C channels as Large. I changed...
Intesting FAQ, thanks. I think the present default volume setting on my sub is in the middle position. I think I'll start there and lower as needed. I'll give that a try in the morning and post the results.
I just finished Audyssey EQ w/o JL Audio mic EQ before or after. Sounds good although I may have the bass level set a little too high. The sub is set to reference so the volume is set by my Denon. The lowest the Denon will go is -12 db. After the Audyssey calibration the sub volume was set at -12 db. Should I change the setting on my sub to manual and manually turn down the volume a little and see how I like it? Or should I re-do the calibration with the sub set to...
I'll give this a try. I've done the sub EQ before & after audyssey. So far, I liked the result of doing it after Audyssey, not sure why. Perhaps it's doubling up on the EQ this way. Strange. I'll try it w/o sub EQ and see if that yeilds even better results.
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here goes... I have a JL Labs Fathom 13 subwoofer which has its own calibration software and microphone that you can use to optimally tweak the sub for your room. I have a Denon AVR5308. I have a medium sized room, with the sub in the corner. I usually need to tame the LFE output on the JL, even after calibration due to the corner location and modest room size. For best results, would you recommend running the...
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but here goes... I have a JL Labs subwoofer which has its own calibration software and microphone that you can use to optimally tweak the sub for your room. I have a Denon AVR5308. I have a medium sized room, with the sub in the corner. I usually need to tame the LFE output on the JL, even after calibration due to the corner location and modest room size. For best results, would you recommend running the JL...
When you select “HDMI output” on the 09 GUI for 2 channel playback you use the DAC's on your receiver pre/pro, correct? When you choose “Digital output” which DAC's are used? 09 or your receiver pre/pro? Last of all for 2 channel, in general does the Digital output (via optical or coax) sound better than HDMI?
Or an Audio Research CD7
I’m trying out the analog outputs for LR & Subwoofer channels. When you set up your 09FD to playback CDs using analog inputs to your receiver do you need to manually change the Audio Output setting on the 09FD to analog on every time you play a CD? For movies I use HDMI. I would rather not have to switch settings on the 09FD every time I play a CD. Is there any way to avoid this? Funny, I do notice when using “EXT IN” input on my Denon receiver and it say’s...