or Connect

Posts by scottlindner

That sounds like a cold solder joint. You may be able to visually find it. The solution is simple enough. Hit the joint with a soldering iron until it completely melts.The hard part will be identifying the soldered joint that is the problem. My limited experience is these issues tend to be where the bulky external connectors are mounted and soldered to the board, but it could be anywhere. If you feel comfortable doing this, you could pull the cover off of it and leave it...
I have have missed it in the discussion. Have you tried another display or another HDMI input on the TV?
I pulled the Polks out of the attic. I forgot how big they were. The front channels are RT16 so there is no way those are being mounted on the wall since they are 4ft tall, and the center channel is a CS350 which is too massive for the mounting bracket for the TV mount. Oh well. I will just set the center on a shelf sorta close to TV "center" and call it a day. I was thinking of buying new speakers to mount on the walls to get more floor space but I decided to be lazy...
Thanks for the inputs. You are correct, this is definitely a compromise scenario. Would it be weird to setup a 5.0/5.1 system with a sound bar as the center? Again the reason I ask that is more of the mounting convenience. The reason I do want to preserve the center channel is pretty much for the same reason why people do center channels. I think it is the surround aspects that are going to take the biggest hit in this scenario. What I don't want is sound that is not...
I'm looking for some thoughts on how to setup the speakers in a workout room. There is a mini HT for TV, movies, music and even to let our kids lie down in the center of the room and watch a movie or play video games. I'm going to mount the TV on the wall on a full motion mount so we can tweak it for kids sitting on the floor or while we are working out. The room shape is not ideal but I'm not looking for a serious HT. The TV is off centered due to the door and there...
I will second jdsmoothie statement. I had troubles with random dropouts like you are experiencing. I don't remember what I did to correct it but I do believe one of the solutions was to use different and shorter HDMI capables. I went with the new super thin RedMere cables because in theory they should be able to run longer distances without signal corruption. I don't really recall what my solution in the end was, but I do know it wasn't my 3311CI (although I did...
I would gladly pay $300 one time and $70/mo for 1Gbps service. Assuming the QoS doesn't suck and they don't nerf the service like Comcrap does.
I have fiber to the nearest CO to my house which is about 1000ft away. I can get the highest "fiber" DSL service from CenturyLink. Because I'm so close my QoS is so high I call them up and tell them to turn of "interleaving" and my ping times drop to like 7ms. There are two reasons I dumped CenturyLink in favor of Comcast. The first, you have ot pay extra for roughly 5Mbps upstream and with cable you can get well over that with just regular service. The second reason...
I already receive OTA just fine with the antenna I put in my attic. Why do I need to pay Comcast to improve their OTA reception? Mocking their obvious government granted monopoly behavior aside... I recently switched to Comcast from CenturyLink. I run VPN and haven't noticed a change. I haven't tried measuring it though. Is there a specific protocol or ports they are targeting? The only thing I have noticed in my change from CenturyLink to Comcast is my upload speed...
I used to have the problem with all zeros. I think it ended up being a browser problem. I switched to a different browser and it always worked since. I might be remembering wrong. I also recall that I might have had a patience problem that contributed to it. It takes a lot going time. Just wait it out.