or Connect

Posts by dreadnaught

I asked this very question of Doug at SVS a couple weeks back when calling to return my SB12. He said their CEO has stated a gloss black version should be available by mid year, which I took to mean summer sometime. I'm waiting for the gloss black as well! EDIT: I asked about the SB-2000, since that is the one I'm interested in, not sure about a gloss black PB-200 but I don't see why they wouldn't offer it. As far as a price increase, he said it would be something...
Selling my much loved X-05 player due to moving to a smaller office. If you are looking at this, you know what you are looking for and are already quite familiar with this product. Esoteric makes some of the best digital players on the market and their drive system is so good that it is used by other manufacturers. This unit in black was a special color and model to commemorate ESOTERIC's 20th anniversary and a special VRDS-NEO MK-V transport was developed just for this...
Up for sale is my like new WD-92840 Diamond DLP. No scratches or other damage or issues whatsoever. Price includes the matching stand as well as an extended 3 year warranty. All original accessories and manuals included. Purchased at a local big box store here in the Washington, DC area. Unit purchased 12/2011, used through 11/2012 and has then been in storage since we moved to a smaller place, so a couple years still left on the extended warranty. Probably has in the...
FS: Denon AVP-A1HDCI Flagship Preamp Processor $3500 ($8000 list) Please note, this does not have the 3D pass-through upgrade. Works perfectly and has always been in my dedicated HT room. Chassis and displays has no scratches etc. All remotes, manuals and accessories included. Purchased from authorized dealer about 3.5 years ago. I do have the original boxes and can ship double boxed (at buyer's expense) but prefer a local sale due to item weight and size. Item located...
For sale is my HK3490 120Wx2 Stereo receiver. Includes the Bridge II iPOD dock (>$75 by itself). This was used sparingly in my home office for a couple years in a smoke-free, pet-free environment. Specs: High-Current Capability (HCC) with ultra-wide bandwidth Striking industrial design The Bridge™ II for your iPod® or iPhone® device (available) DOLBY® Virtual speaker and DOLBY® headphone modes AM/FM/XM ready tuner High-quality phono input Remote A/B speaker...
Purchased this pair from an authorized dealer in 2010 for my office system, so very sparingly used and still under warranty. Rave reviews all over the web, including TAS designation as best speakers under $1k for the year. More reviews and specs here: http://www.nhthifi.com/Three I'm rating these conservatively as a 9/10; they are in perfect condition without a blemish. Prefer local pickup in the Washington, D.C. area, but will ship at buyer's expense. Paypal add 3.5%...
Nothing really needs to be said about this sub - rave reviews all over the web! This is in the Piano Gloss Black Lacquer finish with curved metal grill in absolutely PERFECT condition: I'd rate it at a 9 very conservatively. Has the original 750W BASH amp still going strong, sub is approx. 3 years old so a couple years still left on the warranty should you need it. No shipping as I no longer have the box/pallet - I'm in the Washington, D.C. area (Northern VA). All...
Lyric Hifi on E. Post Rd. in White Plains had the Revels, Focals and Hansens on display when I was last up in Westchester, I would definitely start there. They also carry Mark Levinson, Esoteric, Simaudio Moon and Audio Research which are the electronics brands I use for the front end.
Definitely agree on the Salon2, I really wanted to take home the Magico Q3 or the Focal Scalas to a lesser extent, but the Salon2 is an outstanding speaker that hits way above its price range. Not the prettiest looking speaker (but better than the fugly JBL's LOL) but it's definitely a look that grows on you. One lady friend commented that it looks like a "robotic phallus" May be I'll scratch my Magico itch with the Q5's next...
My budget was a little higher than yours when I was looking about 20 months back, I auditioned several speakers but the ones that stood out most were the Focal Scala Utopias, Revel Salon2, Magico Q3, Hansen Prince and Rockport somethings (can't remember the name but they were about 40k/pair). The Focals, Revels and Magico stood out the most: I eventually ended up with the Salon 2s because they were the most accurate and also had the best vertical integration between the...