or Connect

Posts by dagware

Wow! I had no idea Moxi boxes had been around that long! Dan
When I first saw your post I didn't even bother to start reading it, because it looked so long. But I'm browsing the forum on a quiet Saturday morning, so I thought I'd give it read. GREAT story! I especially loved the slow-motion part. I think everyone who's a serious member of the AVS forum has had moments like this, where we know it's probably not the right thing to do, but we can't help ourselves because [fill in the blank]. And then it's like we're outside of our...
I just learned something very cool. I read a tip from a drummer over on the Rock Band forum that said to make sure your chair (or throne) height is correct. If it's high enough, your kick foot won't have to support the entire weight of your leg, and it's much easier to do double-kicks. I tried it, and it really does help a lot! Speaking of lefty mode, I've been playing a little in lefty mode to help speed up my left hand. It helps a lot. Dan
That's just sick. Or, to put it more correctly, that just makes me sick! I couldn't watch more than 30 seconds or so before I had to quit watching. And how come he's doing it so smoothly? Where's all the flailing, sweating, swearing and stick throwing? Or the "You've got to be f*ing kidding!" comments? Oh wait, maybe that's just me... Dan
I've only ever tried the mic in one port, but I've never had a problem. Dan
I take back my comments about Hard sucking. I'm through about 20 songs on Hard (I had a productive day!), and it's not as bad as I thought. Mostly, anyway. Some songs truly are devious.Same here.I play barefoot also, but the rest of your comment is TMI. Sounds like sound logic. That's basically what I've been trying to do. And yes, this is the most fun I've ever had in any video game, and I've been playing them since before they invented electricity (well not actually, but...
No. And in answer to the OP, I doubt it considering Activision's recent lack of cooperation. Dan
Very funny! (And yes, some of the music is quite contemporary, to use an outdated term.) By the way, regarding the previous discussion of the heel-down vs. heel-up method of playing the bass drum, I did some searches and found a lot of info on the subject. As with most things, the answer is NOT cut-and-dried. I liked this link:http://www.drums-and-drum-sets.com/b...-technique.php Although the link discusses a "real" pedal (interestingly enough, the pictures show what looks...
I just did something really cool (to me) in Rock Band, and I needed to post it someplace where people would understand. I know you are those people. I played hooky today from work, to play Rock Band (yes, you can all appreciate that, I'm sure!). I had started on drums on Hard, and decided to go back through the songs on Medium to get 5 stars on everything. I just finished Cherub Rock (on medium) and I got the 5 stars. But that's not the cool part. The cool part...
At the time I did a lot of church music, and it was a riff for a song called "You Are In Control". It's actually easy for me now, because that was a few years ago and I've gotten MUCH better since then. Sheesh, now that I think about it, it might have been 10 years ago. Wow, time flies once you get past 40! Dan