or Connect

Posts by why2not

I can think of many other things that would also be good starts, especially to a group of people who are talking about buying 50-60" tvs. How about instead, everyone reduce the size of the screen by 50%? Wouldn't that be a good start? Better yet, why doesn't everyone unplug their electronics when not in use? I haven't read your other posts, so perhaps you do already advocate these things. If not, it would seem to me that you are narrowmindedly applying your focus to...
LOL. My energy bill went down when I swapped in a plasma for my main viewing screen. Despite it being watched more often and 25% larger screen. Part of the reason is that we now watch with 200W less lights on, since it looks so much better. In any case, do you really think reducing your television energy usage by 10% is going to make the huge difference in the world? Your television will cost you in the neighborhood of $100/year to run. So if you get a 10% more energy...
Thanks all. I just assumed DVD-RAM were what computers used. I don't use my computer to play DVD's so I didn't really know. Looks like I'll be putting it on a DVD-R.
I recorded a DVD-RAM for my brother using my panny DMR-ES20. He can't get it to play. I'm not totally shocked on his DVD player because I don't know what his DVD player will read. But I am surprized that he cant' get it to work on his PC. Is there a program or something he can download to allow him to play the disk on his PC? thanks in advance for the help!
You should take a look at the pioneer stretch modes, they look better than any LCD stretch mode I've personally seen. Have your salesman put 4:3 content on & cycle through the 5 or 6 different modes & see if you like any. Also, you can put the sidebars as dynamic & then you won't have BI concerns. Many find the dynamic sidebars to be distracting though.
Sorry, didn't even realize that there was a 3rd page to this thread until after my post came up & I re-read it. I saw that talk had ventured into FC quite a bit more than it had by page 2 & knew that some question of this sort in regards to the panny would be asked. I do not have a panny. I had a 9uk in my house for ~1 week during my buying process. During that time, I noticed 1 or 2 instances of FC. It could have been the feed at that time (cable through non-HD...
The technology bashing can get tiresome & I understand why you were frustrated. In truth, for some reason it just seemed to me that you were a broken record in bringing up BI at that time. But again, I freely admit that I haven't been spening much time here lately (in fact, I only came on today to visit this thread to see if you'd responded to me). I own both technologies & both have their strengths and weaknesses. I think that sometimes on AVS we lose perspective and...
Try both & see what sounds better to you. I don't think it will make a difference since you don't have a audio processor that you're feeding the signal to. The speaker bar is obviously a 2 channel speaker so you've got a 2.1 setup. PCM is basically uncompressed sound & dolby is a "method" of compressing that sound. I don't use TVGOS, but is sounds like a good approach to wait until after you've got your cable card installed to me. BTW, why are you getting a cable...
My sound system was down for a while, so I hooked up an old sub to the 5070 as an interm solution. I didn't do a full setup like I did on my sound system with a meter & everything. I found the some of the mid bass to be a bit overemphasized. I didn't play with it for long, as it was a short term fix. I'm not sure where the 5070 crosses over, I probably could have told with my meter, an assistant & some time. In any case, I'd recommend a sub with an adjustable crossover...
What games?