or Connect

Posts by dsiebert

A $300-$400 card will let you input HDMI and output HDMI to 4 devices? What cards can do that? I was looking on Matrox's site and it looked like I'd need the Mura MPX 4/2. I couldn't find an online price for it, but the 4/4 was over $4000, so I guessed the 4/2 would be around $3000.Or are you talking about getting some type of HDMI capture card that can capture raw HDMI frames for further processing and then use a separate quad monitor card to output to the TVs? I know...
I'm trying to find a way to build a 2x2 video wall using a satellite receiver's HDMI output as the source and 4 50" - 60" plasmas (or LCDs, they seem to have smaller bezels) as the display. It turns out this is a lot more complicated than I first assumed. I know there are options to easily get to that size using a projector etc. but that is not an option here as it will go in a room that is all glass walls facing west. I did a lot of googling and tried to narrow down my...
Jeff,Thanks for the response. I need two IP2IR units because I have the same brand of TV in each of the six locations. So I need the ability to send a different signal to each, thus two IP2IR units (3 IR ports each)Good point about not needing to convert the voltage back from 12v to 5v on the other end, since emitters will obviously work fine at 12v. Guess if I'm forced to use that solution it won't be quite as expensive as I thought Your explanation about power makes...
I want to distribute IR from a central location over six existing RG6 cables carrying a cable TV signal, but the solutions for IR over coax I can find (Xantech, Channel Plus, along with a few no-name brands) all use 12 volt IR signaling. I want to use two Global Cache IP2IR units to distribute to the six locations, but these output 5 volt IR signals. Global Cache sells optically isolated cables for $39 that convert the 5v IR signal to Xantech's 12v signal, but I'd need a...
I own a sports bar, and we've got 20 big screen plasmas all around the place so every seat is a good seat. We've got a patio and customers keep requesting to be able to watch baseball games etc. on the patio. I looked into weatherproof enclosures a few years ago and decided it wasn't worth the cost. Recently someone suggested mounting a couple TVs against some large windows we have facing outside. I think this could work, the windows face north so sunlight would not...
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll PM Chris!
I have a TC-P65S1 on preorder and I know they are shipping from Panasonic this month but don't know if they have started shipping yet. My issue is that I want to hang it from the ceiling but the company that makes the mounts I have used for my other 50" plasmas (and am happy with so I want to use for this one too) doesn't know what adaptor plate to use with the ceiling mount since they don't have the specs yet. They asked me to measure the mounting screw holes on the...
Please note I'm not looking to sell this here!!! I just wanted to tap the wisdom of the members here as to what would be a fair price for a used (about two years old) Vidikron Model 20 projector. I see they are still for sale new in a few places and the best price is about $4100. But since this projector is only 1024x576 and there are projectors like Sony's HS-51 that are 1280x720 that can be had for $2500 or so, that seems a bit high unless this is really superior...