or Connect

Posts by Cypres0099

I hope the same thing happens, or I will be very sad.
I recently moved and when I set up my 50" Pioneer Plasma in my new place, I noticed a buzzing. If the tv is on, but is just displaying a blank screen, it will be completely silent (how I remember it from my old place). However, if it displays anything at all, including the alert for auto power off after 5 min and even a mouse cursor from my computer, it starts up with this horrendous buzzing again. I keep trying to tell myself that maybe it has been there the whole...
I'm planning out my home theater for my hardwood floored, mostly concrete studio style apartment. I'm looking for suggestions on what I have put together in Photoshop. I am trying to put the tv up high enough to get rid of reflections from windows that are located about 20 feet by tilting it down toward the viewer slightly. I also would like to make sure that the speakers will be okay where they are. I am generally not a fan of the cabinets with mesh doors, but I will...
Thanks for clarifying things for me guys. I think I'm still leaning toward the pioneer, but it's always nice to have other options on the table. I'm liking the sound of the Primus 162's with that center channel even more. If I decide I want more more speaker, I could always just grab a pair of p362's. I was able to find the 162's on Amazon for $85 each and a couple centers on ebay for around $150. As long as you're sure that 15" DIY sub isn't a little...
How does the Marantz compare to the Pioneer 919ah? I was attracted to the HDMI switching (or is it pass through?) and the MCACC automated EQ which I understand is very good on the pioneers.
Thanks mayhem that was very well put together. So, you think that center channel will be noticeably better than the others due to the extra 2 woofers? If so I guess that makes my decision a little easy. I'm assuming that the primus bookshelf speakers are comparable to everything mentioned above?Is there a specific model I should be looking out for? I'll have to keep an eye on those ebay auctions, I don't mind refurbs. I like the idea of making my own sub if it...
After researching what you guys have said, I'm starting to warm to the idea of bookshelf speakers. I will be building a big wall of bookshelfs behind the tv and I will be mounting the tv on the wall sort of withing the shelving. So bookshelf speakers will give me more options for placement. The SVS speakers look good for about $385 for a 3.0 setup. The Ascend 340's are out of my price range. I really like the HSU HB-1 MkII's but they are a little more pricey at $540...
Thanks! I think the top right one is the one I'm going to use. And just so we are clear, the yellow was the result of improper mixing at lowes. Way too girly...
So you would rather have the bookshelf speakers than towers at a similar price. Is that because bookshelfs are inherently more efficient?Like these JBLsAnd this center If I got these I would almost definitely need a sub right?
I started looking into the Denon 1910 when I stumbled upon the Pioneer 919ah. It is looking pretty attractive at $350. The more and more I look at speakers though, the harder I am finding it to pass up the $108 Polk Monitor 60 at Newegg. Coming in under budget is sometimes a nice thing... ack_bk - you mentioned wanting higher efficiency speakers. Do you guys think it would be a mistake to go with the polks? Maybe if I added a sub with the polks? Right now I'm...