or Connect

Posts by daphatty

Just chiming in to let folks know that the capacitor problem isn't the sole cause of the power up failure. Samsung sent out a tech to repair what we thought was the capacitor issue. The tech replaced the capacitors but the TV still won't turn on. Quoted me a $370 repair cost ($150 for the part, $220 for the labor) and failed to tell my wife what part needed to be replaced. I'm supremely upset with Samsung...
Forgive me for bumping this old thread but I don't really know where else to turn. My wonderfully convincing wife managed to get Samsung to send out a tech to diagnose my LN46A550 after it began to exhibit the same click-click-click issue that seems to be quite widespread. To my surprise, the technician who came out actually replaced two capacitors (CM852, CM853) as instructed by Samsung. Sadly, this did not fix the problem and my three year old TV still won't turn on. ...
Before you go and buy any additional hardware to host your files, make sure you consider whether your wireless signal will work as expected. I upgraded my entire network to wireless N only to find out that interference from surrounding wireless signals severely degraded the performance of my network. In my experience (apartment living, densely populated complex), Wireless N works perfectly for Audio streaming and SD video content, hit or miss for 720p video content, and...
I find the information at these links contradicting...
I'm fairly certain b-rad will make it possible for DVD navigation to work on WDTV Live boxes.
Un-****ing-believeable. So I have to buy the new one just to get netflix and dvd navigation? GFY Western Digital. GFY. WDTV Live will be the last Western Digital product I buy. And I've been a loyal customer for years... http://www.wdc.com/en/products/index.asp?cat=30
Thanks for all the feedback. I should clarify that I live in an apartment and have a closet with a full size washer and dryer inside. The server itself isn't much in the way of a power hog - 500 watt PSU, AMD Athlon XP X2, and a few Hard Drives. I live in a relatively dry climate and I haven't really noticed added humidity when doing laundry. Granted, I've lived here only three weeks so that isn't much time to accurately assess the situation. The likelihood of the...
So I'm seriously considering tossing my custom WHS server in my laundry closet to get it (and its associated noise and heat) out of our primary office. Problem is, there is only one 120v outlet in the closet and it is currently being used by the washing machine. Am I crazy to consider using an adapter to share the power between the washer and my server? My server doesn't need to be on 24/7 so I can just as easily unplug whichever device isn't in use but I'm not so...
Great Idea!
From the Windows Home Server website... "Windows Home Server Power Pack 3 improves the Windows Home Server experience with Windows 7 and Windows Media Center by providing the following features: Backup and restore of computers running Windows 7, Windows 7 Libraries integration, enhancements for Windows Media Center, and better support for netbook computers." I wonder how this interaction really plays out with WMC7? Can we offload recordings to the WHS device?