or Connect

Posts by n3vino

Uverse also uses a modem/router or gateway as they call it. Mine is a 2Wire 3600.
Again, there is a two story house directly on my southeast side of my house. There are a lot of tall tree in their back yard as well. My street runs from southeast to northwest. I do not believe I have a clear path to Kens transmitters. I am in Leon Valley. But still, I don't think I want to go to all that trouble. At least not yet. I wonder how well Belo would do if they lost all those viewers. After all, advertising dollars depend on viewership.
The cables already there are configred with swm and hooked up to a dish. I wouldn't know how to hook up an antenna to them and I don't know if it can be done without going through any additional expenses. A converter box would not help since I would need a very tall antenna to clear the trees and the two story house that obstruct the southeast path to Elmendorf. In the Direct TV questions and answers about that, they say that we would not be able to receive...
Now there's a conflict with Direct TV and Kens. Kens wants more money. D* says they are negotiating. So if Kens goes off D*, am I expected to put up a very high antenna and then run wires that would run all over inside the house to connect 3 tv's? All the sets in the house are next to inside walls where cables were fished when the home was built. In addition, there are too many obstructions here in Leon Valley. Two story houses and too many trees would block the...
I have an H25 and an HR24. The connection looks simple. Other than using it for D* Cinema and ordering pay per view, what advantages are there to hooking it up?
Thanks. It looks like the tech was wrong. Based on the research I've done, there are three ways to connect. One is to connect the coax from the wall to the dcck and a supplied coax from the dcck to the receiver. Another uses an ethernet cable to the receiver. Another one uses an adapter and seems a little more complicated. None shows an ethernet wire connected to the router. Which is the one that would be the best way to connect? If it seems simple enough, I'll...
Got hooked up for D* on Sunday and it appears everything went pretty well. The tech was not able to hook up the wirless D* cinema adapter. It turns out that it does need to be hard wired to the router, and that wirless means to the boxes and not the internet. Since it would have been a custom wiring job to hook it up, I passed on it. I didn't think I needed it anyway. I do have a bunch of other services I can go to using my Blue Ray player. However, the only service I'm...
Good post Dr.Don. I've always had good service from TW, but they do keep raising their rates. The other good thing about them is that they don't require a credit card. I had a two year agreement with them one time and got a special price, but when it was over, they didn't want to give me another deal, so I cut out some services which I didn't really use. For the reason that they keep raising their prices, I thought it was time to try something different. We...
Well that's true. I've read horror stories about all providers. However, I'm going through with the installation since at this point in time, Direct TV seems to be a better value. Most everyone I know that has, or has had Direct TV say they never had any problems.
I'm scheduled for Direct TV instllation on Sunday Oct. 2nd. I was originally scheduled for Sat Oct. 1st, but received a call from their supervisor that the installer had broken down. He said he tried to get someone else but they were booked solid. We agreed on Sunday Morning. While speaking to him, I explained what my wiring was like, and he said it would not be a problem and there should be no additional charges. He also gave me his phone number in case, but said...