or Connect

Posts by n3vino

Well it looks like they are still screwing people around. But I wonder if it has to do with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Right now since I'm already registered with them as a new customer, If I look at their packages, it will show me full price. I'm sure they put some sort of cookie in my computer or maybe even in my computer's registry. What that tells me is that the promotion is only for new customers. I don't think that an existing customer...
That's not it at all. I just don't want to get screwed if the installation does not go through. For example, they told me that if the installation did not take place, for whatever reason, I would be under no obligation. Two people told me I can cancel prior to the installation. However, based on all the complaints I've heard, on their bad business practices, they've screwed people around by taking money from their accounts because they blame them for breaching the...
Anyone seen this? It appears that Direct TV has settled with attorney generals from 48 states for deceptive trade practices. I've seen references to this on several web pages. Anyone have any other info on this? http://www.foxprovidence.com/dpps/ne...ct-tv-_3692086
Thanks Rad. I appreciate the info.
I'm getting one HD receiver. I didnt' want the HDVR. I've never had a use for it even with TW. And I'm getting 3 analog receivers for three other analog sets. I haven't had to upgrade the other sets yet. There was no point in paying for any other HD recievers at this time. I already have holes down the walls for three sets. Two were pre-installed when the house was built and the other was done by a friend. I don't think I have fire break walls.
After reading all the horror stories, I spoke to my credit card holder and told them that they do go in there and charge your account even after cancelling the installation. They said that the best thing to do would be to immediatly cancel the card, because if there is a dispute, I have to get them to refund the charge first which means the card will be open and they can take more out. Two people at direct tv said that the charge would come in 48 to 72 hours after...
Well, I am having second thoughts about going with them. I have until Saturday April 2 to decide if I want to cancel the order. I did call customer service and they said that I can cancel prior to installation. If I do cancel, I will call my credit card company to see what can be done in case they bill me anyway. I'm pretty sure that they will reverse the charges if the charges are unauthorized. Seems like in San Antonio, TW has a lot more HD local channels than...
I just spoke to customer service and they said if the installation does not go through, the order will be canceled with no penalties.
I just signed up with Direct TV after many years with TW. The reason, TW's rates have gone too high. True, after the year is up, my Direct TV price will be about the same as TW. But now is the time to try a new service. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake. My concern is, will they run new cables and leave my old TW coaxes alone in case I ever want to go back to cable? My house was pre-wired for cable when it was built. I do want them to run their cables from my...
Here's a deal breaker for me. I have two original cables from the outside going to my attic and down walls where my tv's connect. Years ago, I had one cable split in order to connect another tv. The split cable, has a splitter in the attic, and connects cables to two different rooms, both going down the walls. My question is, since both tv's are independent from each other, will directTV be able to put a box on each tv or do they need to be on totally different...