or Connect

Posts by n3vino

Set S570 to obtain ip address automatically.
Try setting the 570 to obtain ip address automtically.
Quote: Originally Posted by chetripley80 I bought the S570 player for my parents for Christmas. When I was setting it up last night for them, the system setup only went up to 1080i for the video settings. I have the player hooked up to their television with component cables (HMDI doesn't work because their Samsung tv has "HDMI/DVI" outlets instead of true HDMI outlets). Is there something I can do to get 1080p with this player and their television? ...
Under Output Video Format. If you are using component, set it to 1080I. That is the highest you can set on component. BD's and DVD's will be sent over as 1080I. If I am not mistaken, I believe that your set will scale everything to 1080P. Both BD's and DVD's. Check your tv's documentation for display formats on your set. If you are using hdmi, try auto and see if it will send all signals as 1080P. I'm using hdmi/dvi and I selected 1080i because my set displays up to...
Either your wifi signal from your router is weak or your download speed from your isp is slow. Here's a link to check your download speed. http://www.america.myspeedtestonline...test-AT&T.html I can't seem to find a way to check the wifi signal strength other than with a wirless computer close to the Player. Make sure your player is set to wireless and set to obtain ip address automatically. I'm able to stream from netflix with no problems. Once in a while, I will get a...
I can stream my MPG home videos from my pc Windows 7 to my tv via S570
I just finished watching a movie and had no problems at all. My DSL speed shows near 5 MBPS. I called ATT and asked why there would be a drop in DSL speed at night. He said it should not happen. He checked my line and everything shows good. He said that if I see it drop, to call in and they will check the line to the modem. If it shows O.K., then it may point to the router. My pc is hardwired to my G router. A way to be sure is to connect the PC straight to...
MacinMan, Thanks for the response. Hardwiring the S570 is not an option at this time. The router and the player are not in the same room. Having it hardwired could be costly and I'm not sure that would fix the problem. I'll continue to monitor my DSL speed and get with ATT if needed. I'll run a movie test this morning to see what happens and I'll update you all later. Is there any way to increase buffer size on the S570?
UPDATE: I played another movie on Netflix last night. Towards the end, it stopped a few times needing to load. I have DSL with up to 6MBPS with a G router to the 570. The movie quality is very good with no problems, other than what I have mentioned. I don't think the problem is with the router because it streams really well until it gets within the last 15 minutes of the movie. It did the same thing the night before. The problem is either Netflix or DSL. I did a...
Got the S570 working. It's connected to my Sony CRT TV at 1080I via hdmi/dvi. Still checking things out, but it looks like it upconverts really good, and the Blue ray disk looks really good. I calibrated the player with an Avia disk. Didn't need to change anything. Watched a movie on netflix last night and the quality looks very good, in fact better than non-HD movie channels such as encore. I'm using a wirless G router and did not have any problems streaming until...