or Connect

Posts by rheff

It's not a good a movie, by most measures, but near the begining, when Snake Eyes drops from the chopper Ninja-ing people you will smile and you will continue smiling throughout the rest of the movie. Oh, you will roll your eyes at the dialogue, at the acting, and the plot, but you will enjoy it all. You don't sit around discussing the ways it broke canon, the way the casted a Wayans' brother, or the way they couldn't work in a man in a tight pants sailor outfit with a...
I'm just coming across this release and am ecstatic. This will be the first blu-ray I've pre-ordered and anticipated since the Great Format Wars ended. Normally I'd avoid a "me-too" post, but the T-Shirt link made me think of the best product tie-in ever for Fight Club: http://www.chrisharding.net/log/2006...aper-products/
Picked one up yesterday in one of those "because it's there" moments. I need to get some component cables this evening and try some of the tips for improving the WiFi connection. My chair is just outside the range for the Wii-mote with the sensor bar in it's current position, so I'll have to move that around a little too. I downloaded the Votes and Internet channels, and skimmed through the virtual console list to note the games I'll want to download. I made a...
I would get that error with Oblivion from time to time, I think my problem may have been related to overheating since I haven't run into it with GOW after giving the 360 a little more room to breathe. Every 20-30 minutes does sound excessive, however, you might want to make use of the 90 day warranty now if you didn't get an extended one....
Made some calls to the local and semi-local Gamestops, the webpage I linked above was pretty accurate. I wound up going about 40 miles to pick mine up at a small town Gamestop after calling this afternoon and getting them to hold it for me. As I went to cancel my order with Amazon I noticed my third shipping date change. I talked to the guy at Gamestop about the GOW fiasco and the general shipping problems with X-Box stuff this week. He was suprised they got any in...
as an alternative to Circuit City, there's a link on the front page of the Gamestop website to the drive. Once on the page you can use their store lookup to find out where it is in your area (area being subjective...I had to go 50 miles out to find any) Gamestop Product Page There doesn't look to be any rhyme or reason to what areas got them and what areas didn't...
This felt a little different from Ghost Recon, I enjoyed it more. Hanging from the side of the building and hitting three headshots in three shots from my pistol through a glass window has me pumped for this.
DirectTV finally switched the Fort Smith station names yesterday (maybe late Tuesday), but the OTA HD channels aren't showing up in the guide yet . I can get a decent signal for 27-1 which says it's mapped to 24.1, but can't get a picture on the old KPOM HD channel that's still in the guide or on any subchannels of the new stations when I manually enter those channel numbers. Has anyone in the River Valley with D* been able to view the new stations in HD OTA through...
Quote: Originally Posted by biglyle Why do they insist on sending old men to review movies that are clearly not targeted at people that age? Simple, it's their job to sit through the movies and write the reviews. For the most part paid critics can put their opinions concerning content aside and judge the movie on its own merits, its what makes a good critic a good critic. He should have been professional enough to wait until the end of the...
We noticed it on the last two weeks of SNL on Channel 24 out of Ft. Smith through DirectTV. I just assumed it was something in the feed to the river valley that they never cared to fix. Does anyone know if there have been any more rumblings about the Fox affiliate taking over Channel 24 down here and how we'll receive NBC after that occurs?