or Connect

Posts by Pokerman

Final update. Thanks for all the help and messages. I received the replacement w6000 today. It does not have any of the problems that manifested in the first one. The first unit (and original subject of this post) was definitely bad. The bad news for me is that the second one only has the 1.0 firmware. I will be sending it back on Monday.
I just got my 2nd one today. Unfortunately it is an August 2009 build with 1.0 firmware. It's going back on Monday.
Just as an update.....I called to get a RMA number today and the tech told me they have a lot of problems like mine from lamps being jarred loose during shipping. So he told me to take the lamp out and put it back in again. I tried it and it did not help. If anything it was worse. I even tried changing cables and going directly to the projector (bypassing the Onkyo sr805). No change. It's going back tomorrow, but it is definitely spooking me about having them send me...
After listening closely to the projector, I think it is definitely an iris issue. I can hear the iris close every time the screen goes dim. It's so dim I can't read the menu. I think it's just a bad unit. I'll be sending it back asap.
I have the updated firmware. It seems to have a real problem switching between resolutions. I tried setting my dish network box to 720p instead of 1080i. I couldn't see a lot of difference. When I changed back to 1080i, the projector went to black every time I tried to turn on dish. I had to shut the projector down to get it to show dish again. It has also started the back and forth from Very dim to bright while using dish as well. I have looked through the menus of...
Thanks for all of your answers. I decided to go with the BenQ W6000. I decided the increase in lumens was enough to make the diference for me. Pokerman
Normally I would work on my new projector until I get everything worked out, but I am only allowed 4 lamp hours to decide if I need to return this projector without penalty. BenQ W6000 Using onkyo sr805 and PS3 with a 25ft HDMI cable. Also dish network HD receiver ( I believe 1080i only) I just installed the W6000 tonight. The first thing I noticed is that the image appears grainy(on dish hd for sure). I doubt seriously that it's the projector. It's more likely a...
I decided to go with the w6000. First I want to clear up the "Panny" comment. I specifically mentioned the Panasonic because it was the other real choice in my price range. I was actually saying I didn't want to settle for LCD because I truly prefer DLP. I am having some issues with the w6000 and I'm going to post those in another thread. If you can help please do. Thanks for all of the help. Pokerman
Ive been working on this for a while. I had an Optoma H77 that died (over and over) and I cant afford the level of projector I really want. I have narrowed it down to the Mitsubishi HC3800 and the BenQ W6000. Unfortunately one is in the under $3000 forum and the other in the over $3000 so it's hard to get a good comparison from owners. I like DLP and do not want settle for a Panny LCD. Here is some info: Placement is not an issue. 106" screen @ 14 feet Ambient...
Ive been working on this for a while. I had an Optoma H77 that died (over and over) and I cant afford the level of projector I really want. I have narrowed it down to the Mitsubishi HC3800 and the BenQ W6000. Unfortunately one is in the under $3000 forum and the other in the over $3000 so it's hard to get a good comparison from owners. I like DLP and do not want settle for a Panny LCD. Here is some info: Placement is not an issue. 106" screen @ 14 feet Ambient...