or Connect

Posts by AVSAR

FYI: New Firmware V1.09.44.0090 for the TV (which my TV asked to download on 2/13/2014) may break functionality of the rear multi-purpose button when used to turn on the TV. The following has been my experience for the 2013 version of the M801D-A3 with the newest firmware: I previously used the rear multi-purpose button to turn on and off the set. You do this by holding in the button for about 5 seconds. After the firmware installs, I was presented with an activation...
The Marantz has additional channel support and a cleaner aesthetic. Keep in mind the price difference between the two may not be as high as as you might expect. Marantz prohibits authorized retailers to advertise anything but the list price (currently $1999). But the SR7008 can be found for ~$1500 and I have heard as low as $1350 from authorized retailers.
I had the same problem with the original attachments not downloading from any of my posts. I re-uploaded the files to my posts in this thread, added a JPG version and mirrored the wiring diagram here: http://alkaspace.com/is.php?i=157845&img=AVSAR-KEF-Motor.jpg
There are no internal fuses in the Ci3-80QT's. This brings up an important point: You need to be careful to attach the correct wires from the power supply to the motorized speakers as you can damage the components if the wrong wires are connected. Be sure to follow the wiring diagram completely and you will have no issues.
The Xantech WL95 looks like a great option and it will take the place of the 78944 Connecting Block and the 781RG power plug. It was not available when I assembled my system. You will still need to power it with a 12v power supply. This setup is still going strong after several years. I have updated the remote to the Harmony 900 with RF and put everything in an AV closet. The Radioshack power supply developed a hum in the speakers (even on a separate AC circuit). I...
I decided to write the manufacturer of the Vanco baluns and this is the response I received which will likely help anyone else who happens to have STP instead of UTP and questions about which end to ground:"1. You can certainly use the shielded twisted-pair (STP) Cat 5e with the Vanco 280725 HDMI wall-plate extenders.2. In North America unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables are normally used, but in Europe, particularly in France and Germany, shielded...
Apologize in advance if this was asked and answered. Searched thread and nothing came up. My builder pre-wired SHIELDED twisted pair Cat5 for 3 balun locations in a new construction. I have searched endlessly for the answer to this question: Do I need to use Shielded RJ45 connection ends for both locations or just one location for the baluns? In other words, do I need to ground both ends of the shielded Cat5 or just one (for concern over a ground loop) for a...
This is good information but Samsung is aware of this issue with multiple LCDs. Apparently, 10v capacitors were installed on a 12v board in the power supply. Samsung is fixing the sets for free even if the sets are out of warranty. Call Samsung (1-800-SAMSUNG) because they are fixing the capacitor problems for FREE!
I am not an expert on acoustics. It certainly would have more aesthetics and geek-cool factor to have your right, left and center come down from your ceiling as I did in my application. However, for my application I mounted a large 57" LCD above a fireplace and I had no room for a center channel above or below the display on the wall. This was the main reason I went with a ceiling solution. If you have space and you have full access to your wall, it will be far less...
Thanks for the chart link. So all is well with HD DIGITAL (not analog) 7.1 audio (like Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD) with a mobo with integrated HDMI, H57 chipset, and appropriate GPU with TMT or PowerDVD?