or Connect

Posts by BuTal63

Exactly. Very well stated.I first noticed the 3400 was not changing output formats automatically when I was on a 720p Fox football game and the box was sending 1080i. Up til now I didn't know much about these matters and the picture looked very good on the 65VT30, through the Yammy 1010 - no artifacts, motion problems, etc. But it just was not quite the same as another game on a 1080i station. The picture was not as vibrant, sharp, as colorfully rich, or however you want...
Checked last night and again today and the settings have been saved, so far. Will post later if they don't.One more thing I forgot to mention. Some have said they couldn't adjust the panel brightness - no settings for it in some versions of the User Menu. This one, thank goodness, has the brightness settings option and I reduced the brightness to the minimum. Before that, it was so bright it was very distracting.Thanks again.
Will check on whether it saved the settings later tonight. Thanks.
Thanks for the replies and the help guys. I agree with all you said. For example, the remote buttons do work to access the menu and navigate in it, and it sure does take a long time for the blank screen to become an options screen. Plenty of time to panic.
Hope you enjoyed the last episode. I was busy watching the Eagles/Denver game on the DCX3400, my first HD TV recording ever. Beautful picture but, unfortunately, as many times as I played the game back, the final score was the same - ugh! As for my menu access and Format issues above SUCCESS!A Comcast rep. told me that after hitting the Power button you had to quickly press the Menu button several times, not just once. It worked and the User Settings menu became...
Thanks for your reply Snidely. If you can get into the 3400's User Settings menu, which I can't seem to do, there are settings in there with which you can allegedly set the box to Native and then tell it all the input signals your TV will accept. Then the box should automatically keep changing its output signal to match the type of signal being sent, including 1080p, 1080i, 720p, etc. The User Settings Menu screens are shown in the Owner's Manual for the 3400, which...
Comcast Motorola DCX3400M HD DVR - No User Settings Menu access. Comcast just installed this HD DVR box, along with three other non-DVR HD boxes (DCH3200's). The 3400 is working except for one thing: I can't access the User Settings Menu to tell the box what input signals my TV will accept and the box is not automatically changing output signals, except for 1080i and 480i. As a result, for example, the box outputs 1080i on all channels, making 720p channels look a bit...
I dunno what happened. I was trying to post my question in the "Official AVS Motorola DCX Series HD DVR Topic" thread and it wound up here. Will try again. Sorry.
Comcast just installed this HD DVR box, along with three other non-DVR HD boxes (DCH3200's). The 3400 is working except for one thing: I can't access the User Settings Menu to tell the box what input signals my TV will accept and the box is not automatically changing output signals, except for 1080i and 480i. As a result, for example, the box outputs 1080i on all channels, making 720p channels look a bit less crisp. If I manually change the output signal to 720p using the...
Thanks very much. Good to know.I'd be laughing my head off at your great comment, if I weren't so busy crying! Today's fiasco didn't help.