or Connect

Posts by BuTal63

It may be a bad idea to call Comcast right now. With a headache they might suggest cutting your head off. HAH! So true. Although, I'm so used to having other vital parts of my anatomy cutoff every time I deal with them, losing my head may be a blessing. Radio Shack splitters reminds me of one of the times I had cable signal breakups and such low signal strength I couldn't reliably access OnDemand. The tech. who responded to the house saw the RS splitters and other wiring...
Even without the virgin you wouldn't believe how good SD looks on this Panny 65" when it's from Comcast's better digital starter box (the Moto 700 - not a DTA). Incredible processing. Far better than I expected. As I said, the signal is going through the Yamaha 1010, so maybe there's some processing going on there too. I haven't had time yet to dive into the rx menus in-depth to see what's going on. Of course, when I switch to a clear QAM HD broadcast channel, it makes...
It can involve some trial and error. The understatement of the year sir! Especially with doing a digital makeover after living with all-analog for 15 years. Maggie set to 1080p, 16:9 and Full TV aspect ratio setting here. Everything going into the Maggies here is analog for the short term. Up to now, I've resisted giving Comcast more and more $$$ by ordering one of their higher tier packages with HD. Not because I'm cheap, but because I hate Comcast........OK I'm...
Yep. Did that when installed, with the best result at 1080p. Along with setting the Maggie to 16:9 wide, that resulted in the best picture aspect when the 1080p TV was set to Full. Nevertheless, when I ditched the HDMI Out in favor of the Components Out, the picture had slightly more detail, slightly better color and a better looking aspect ratio. Today I tried setting the Maggie to Progressive Scan and that made a noticeable improvement in colors and general detail - a...
My 2nd 515, this one the refurb from J&R, arrived Thursday. It is absolutely pristine! If it were not for the "plain brown wrapper" box, I could not tell it from new. Works fine. Thanks Joe and all the others who gave me the moral fortitude to buy a refurb for the first time in my life! J&R's service (Oscar) could not have been better. Once they got the unit out the door UPS Ground delivered it overnight. Service between NYC and here is nearly always that way. The unit...
Thank you, gentlemen. Since the 90 day warranty is allegedly from Magnavox, I guess it would be handled the same way as a problem with a new 515.
Thanks for the tip! Brings the price for the 515 down to $184.99 with free shipping to my location. So......are these "refurbs" really reliable? I'm not seeing any negative posts regarding them. The idea of a "refurb" just scares me a little. Then again, watching the sun come up scares me too. You know, what happens if it gets stuck?! Happy New Year everybody and especially Wajo, JoeKustra and the other regulars who spend so much time and effort helping others -...
Thank you for your reply. I ordered the 65VT30 today, along with a much needed upgrade of the HT receiver and speakers. After discussing the A Board and related matters with the Crutch Advisor, he spent a half hour checking with others in the company and finally determined that Crutch had become aware of the problem and had a rep come in and upgrade the sets they had in stock with low serial numbers. According to him, the set I receive should not have the problem. If it...
Has anyone taken delivery of a 65VT30 from Crutchfield in the past few weeks? If so, can you advise the manufacturing date on your set? (re the latest firmware upgrades/fixes). One of their advisors offered me a great package price on the set when purchased as part of a total A/V upgrade I've been planning for some time. Actually beats Amazon. But the advisor told me Crutch has a large inventory of the 65VT30's right now and, although they did get a Nov. shipment,...
Thanks very much! I did read that information in the manual after kirnak pointed me to it, but I wasn't sure I was interpreting it correctly. You've explained it and it's what I wanted to hear. Just sounds like it's not quite as convenient as my old Pio. Looks like you have to go into the menu and set the audio source to work with the video source you desire. With the Pio there is a dedicated V Select button on the remote. You just pick whatever audio source you want,...