or Connect

Posts by qz3fwd

So you are blaming the DVR+ for glitchy recordings when you have reception problems with your antenna/location?They can hardly help you with this problem if that is in fact the issue.
They make it next to impossible to find an actual telephone number.
People who spend $5000 on a speaker cable/interconnects have more money than brains. But if they want to spend their money on them then someone will be willing to sell it to them.....
You need to make sure your capture device is outputting a blu ray spec transport stream. If it is dropping frames or encoding an odd frame rate or size then you will have problems authoring to blu ray disc. Try something like 1920x1080 constant bitrate h.264 20 mbps mpeg2ts with either 188 or preferably 192 byte packet size. Good luck.
Comcast doesnt flag anything copy once/copy never except the premium sub channels.Sounds like what the guy needs is either a tivo DVR with cablecard and tivo transfer + VideoReDo + some app to burn BD's of the edited MPEG2-TS's or a HDHomeRun cablecard tuner + WMC + VideoReDo + BD burning app.
I ordered one of these Amazon FireTV's because I do not have a Roku 3, and I am interested in sideloading XBMC onto it. I also have a dune player for local network shares, but this new box looks interesting. Its out for delivery now, and should be sitting at my door when I get home tonight. A new toy to play with......
When will we be able to pre-order to lock in a first batch unit?
In fact I am proposing they save the original TS while simultaneously transcoding on the fly to the selected profile.Hard drive space is so cheap and huge capacity drives are commonly avaliable. Saving both would probably be 150% more expensive space wise.Imagine the possibilities. The device could scan for commerical breaks when idle in the original MPEG2TS and then much more easily edit out (export) the commercial free version losslessly except at non I Frame cut points....
Yes-Information in the original broadcast TS is lost forever when the stream is transcoded on the fly to another lossy codec, and then in turn when streaming outside the home, there is a second lossy transcode to lower resolution/bitrate.This could easily be avoided if the device saved the original MPEG2 TS while simultaneously transcoding to the selected h.264 "profile". Then when streaming outside the home, it could use the original source MPEG2 TS run through its tuners...
Stop making excuses for manufacturers.It is a sad state of affairs that consumers now expect buggy initial releases form CEM's and the capability of downloading firmware updates has allowed CEM's to be sloppier than they have ever been.It would be nice if manufacturers could resist shoving the product out the door and give the product the proper develipment time inhouse and in closed private beta before hitting the release to manufcaturing button and shipping unfinished...