or Connect

Posts by DingoAce10

What's up all, After playing RB for the first time this past weekend (at a neighbors), I love it and am going to pick it up. But just wondering...Has anyone tried any of the wireless USB hubs that are sold for the PC? My 360 is on a self and would rather not have the wires up in the air for anyone to trip over. Was thinking about something like this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...1208&CatId=392 But wasn't sure if it will work. Seems like it work, but...
Yeah, I ended up doing it also. I have the APC UPC with the AVR built in then the pf60 connected to that. It is a little overkill, but I lost a tivo to brownouts and had some problems with my tv because of it also. Personally, if I had to do it over again (I kinda made a rush decision, cause I was frantic about loosing the tivo) I would just stick with the APC UPS with the AVR and not even bother with the pf60 (would never admit this to my wife cause she would kill...
What's up all, I am having some problems with my video components and was wondering if a video processor would help. I really haven't looked in to VPs yet (NEWB ALERT!), so maybe, if it would help my situation you all could recommend a VP for me. Keep in mind I will soon be in the market for a new reciever and I know that some of them have a VP built in now. Here are my components: -TV: Samsung DLP HLT6189S (LED) -Cable: Tivo Series 3 HD with 2 Verizon FIOS...
Hey George, I used to have the HL-S6188W (same as the 87 except has PiP and a CC slot) and yes there is bowing...and once you see it, you will always see it... I had some "power" issues with my 88, service techs came out and "fixed" it around 6 times...Still had the problem...So they offered me a replacement to the HLT6176. But that was basically a downgrade from the options I had in the 88. So then they offered me an upgrade to the HL-T6189S (LED) for a little extra...
Couple other things... When I was watching a DVD or BR, I notice that when it was on a "transition" screen (totally blank/black, between previews) the screen "flashes"... And, this didn't happen with my 88w, the TV seems to loose the HDCP "handshake" when loading a BR movie from the PS menu. Just for a few seconds I get the "searching for content" and "No supported mode" messages. Then when the movie starts to load it comes back. Is that the HDMI cable? Cause like...
sorry I forgot to grab the stats until today. Ok this is what I am using for PS3 and HD Cable (Fios and Tivo) -Mode: Standard -Contrast: 65 -Brightness: 50 -Sharpness: 0 -Color: 60 -Tint: 35/65 -Color Tone: Normal -Color Gamut: Wide -Size: Just Scan Detailed settings are the same as what Eliab had. Not sure why "sharpness" is even an option...I could turn it from 0 to 100 and didn't see a difference in the test pattern at all. I also noticed something...
I started with Eliab and used that for the Movie mode calibration: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=866534 but the colors are SO bland (after I calibrate) when I use that mode that I also calibrated using Standard Mode and that is currently what I am using on my PS3 and Tivo. I will post my actual settings for Standard mode tomorrow morning(I don't have them here at work).
What's up all, Have had my 89 for about 2 months now. Calibrated it using Avia and for the most part the colors are GREAT and I love the pic. But have notice some problems with "gradiant" colors and am not sure if it is the TV (more calibration is needed), Fios (compression) or the HDMI cables...etc Here is my setup: -Fios -Tivo S3 2 cable cards -PS3 (BR) -I have the Fios cable running through the PF60 (Belkin Power Console) along with all of the HT...
cydog, I have noticed with my 89 you have to "flip" the correct "switch" to un-grey the options. Like, unless you have DNIe turn "On" the Detailed Settings option is greyed out. So my suggestion is to try experimenting to get that option to turn back on. BTW you do realize his settings are starter for then using the Avia calibration (or other calibration) disc, right. These are not setting you should leave and not calibrate after. Cause personally I think these...
OK, thanks! That is basically what my current HLS tv does (concerning the sound)...Dang that is a let down. I know that the "full" width is the 54.7...but I am wondering about the "foot" on bottom...Cause I don't need a stand that is 55 inches width since the "foot" is smaller. I am pretty sure that it is the 41 inches.