or Connect

Posts by DingoAce10

Well the LE1200 only has 2 plugs, I definitely need more than that. I am not saying I am going to go out and buy more surge protector strips...I would just plug my existing power strips (surge protectors) into this. Is that what I should do? I was just looking at this...APC Power Conditioner H10: http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail~dp...n~reviews.aspx Would that do what the LE1200 does, plus other protection? Thanks again for all of the info!
I was thinking of the APC LE1200 on the front end (TV + TIVO plugged in there) along with Tripplite Protect It! / 8-Outlet / 3690 Joules / Surge Suppressor: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...y=REVIEWS#tabs plugged into the LE1200 also...Which I would then run my coax and network cables through the Tripplite. Would that have me pretty much covered for the time being? Or should I go with something like the "Brickwall" in the front-end instead of the APC? I...
So JOHNnDENVER, I assume you mean something from APC? Thanks mes444, so should I use that as my "front-end" (wall power into this) and then plug my other power strips (surge protectors) into this? Is there anything out there allow the same lines that I can put the coax into and my network cables into? Or at least the coax, that way I can go into it before the modem gets the coax feed. Thanks again!
What's up all, I read the first few pages of the "Surge Protector" thread but I can't read 44 pages worth of it to figure this out and people keep going back and forth on what to get :-) I also posted this same question there, but I really need a pretty quick answer...Cause I really need to get something set up pretty quickly so other things don't happen. My Tivo is shot...Froze up at 1:37am 2 nights ago. Now it won't boot back up...Tivo says the HDD is shot. I agree....
What's up all, I read the first few pages of this thread, but I can't read 44 pages worth to figure this out and people keep going back and forth on what to get :-) My Tivo is shot...Froze up at 1:37am 2 nights ago. Now it won't boot back up...Tivo says the HDD is shot. I agree. I think it might have been a power surge of some kind through either the coax cable or the network line. Lucky it happened with the return time to CC so my wife is bringing it back today to...
Ok, I am about to give up on Verizon Fios DVR and buy the new Tivo HD series 3. Ever since the new OS went on the DVR sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Series manager can't handle recording a show with multiple times in a week...Example...my wife records "Big Brother" on a series. It is on 3 days every week (Tues, Thurs, Sun.). Not all at the same time (I think sunday is on at 9pm instead of 8pm). It will ONLY record the series on the day you created that series...
ok, thanks! Let me know how it goes and I will do the same.
I will pay the extra money for the 6189...I don't want another lamp version and the 76 doesn't have PiP! I use that constantly in baseball season. Otherwise I guess I will just take another version of the 6188...But I am afraid that it will have the same problem. Also, yeah I know you loose the CC in the 89...I guess I will just have to get a second cablebox for PIP... I assume they are brand new, right? Not a "refurbished" one?
THanks! The problem is definitely documented by the service tech and I have had 2 tickets on the Samsung Service online. I am basically going to demand a new TV then (HLT6189S, cause that would be the closest to the features I have in the HLS6188)...The first time the service tech came out they replaced my whole board. Worked perfectly for about 2 weeks...Now the same problem is happening...No pic, no error lights, looks like the lamp is on (I can see a light in the...
Hey mike, How do you get "approved for a new set"...I have my second service visit for the same issue I had a couple months ago (ealier posts, no pic on my HL-S6188). I don't wanna keep calling them back... How many service calls does it take to start that process? It sucks that the HLT don't have the CC cause I use that for PIP! I don't want to have to get a second cablebox. My appointment is next tuesday... OR even request a refund...Cause from your description, I...